P-51 Mustang STGB IV Chat

TEMPESTMK5

On 9/13/2019 at 1:53 PM, Thom216 said:

I'll be in on this. I've been looking for some reason to build one of the 1/48 Academy Twin Mustangs in the stash. 

I know there is talk of a new-tool in the works, but who knows when that will be out and I need to do something with at least one of the four.🤔

They came only bagged and without decals, so those I'll have to source and I'll be getting the PE set and the vac-form canopies.

So I bought four of these Twin Mustangs at a model show last year, for cheap. All bagged, one ins sheet and no decals. I see this future GB and a light goes off and I decide to build one, so I go ahead and order the PE set and canopy set for it. But can I now find any of the kits...? NO! They have up and disappeared on me.:huh:

So I made a little stop to ebay and bought another one... Who wants to bet that I'll find them before this one arrives in the mail?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Andwil said:

I have 1/72 Tamiya and Hasegawa Mustangs in the stash so will join in with one or both of them.

AW

Good evening Andwil

Welcome aboard see your build in December ..

Best regards

Patrice

spacer.pngas a toolmaker I would be ashamed of myself if a tool went out producing a mould like this. I can only put it down to the company that is running the tools not maintaining the tool properly during a run as I can't see tamiya letting a tool out that has such short ejector pins 

Good evening Joel

Welcome aboard

Until the beginning of this GB you have plenty of time to choose your ''subject'' and gather documentation but something tells me that you have already prepared all this and you look forward to getting started ...

Best regards

Patrice

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good evening Joel

Welcome aboard

Until the beginning of this GB you have plenty of time to choose your ''subject'' and gather documentation but something tells me that you have already prepared all this and you look forward to getting started ...

Best regards

Patrice

Phew, thats a relief ....... :) I need to complete my current 'stangs, decide the next two and see what falls out as the GB subject ..... ;) . It would certinly be in the scale that the modelling god intended ;)

Martin

Edited by RidgeRunner
  • Like 1

On 9/8/2019 at 3:33 PM, wellzy said:

HI Alan l could be wrong but l  don't think the Revell Mustang is the early D with out the tail fillet ?

wellzy

Already sorted, my friend 😉

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, FortyEighter said:

Hi Patrice,

It looks like I've not signed up for this GB, but having 3 Tamiya 1/48 kits in the stash I'm in for at least two of them.  The fIrst will be NZ2419.

Mike

Good morning Mike

Welcome aboard and see you on December 14th for the beginning of this Gb

All the best

Patrice

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Another mustang GB, will be joining, got an airfix in the stash, and will try out the tamiya kit alongside :)

Good evening PBS

Welcome aboard ...

All the best

Patrice

Good evening (at least it is here in Europe) to everyone.

This GB looks very interesting for me as I do have and P-51D started ages ago, last steps done in 2011 to be precise, but I would like to check with "GB boss" if this work of mine is actually eligible to participate - I can not evaluate if progress seen on photos is more or less than 25% 🤔 so I will leave to Patrice (TempestMk5) to judge if I can join GB with this kit... Photos are made today, but last steps are done 8 years ago...

Cockpit is painted, but etched walls are to be assembled ... Italeri missed to angrave panel lines on join of wings and fuselage so I made them with masks and spraying of few layers of Mr. Surfacer.

I've planned to make this Mustang as Guatemalan machine...

Thanks in advance,

Srđan

p51d-guatemala-021.jpg

p51d-guatemala-022.jpg

p51d-guatemala-023.jpg

• Like 4

Good afternoon srkirad

Well I think that your build is below the "25% Build" rule and I would like to see a Guatemalan aircraft so welcome aboard and see you in a few weeks for the start of this STGB ..

All the best

Patrice

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

...see you in a few weeks for the start of this STGB ..

Good afternoon Patrice.

Now that you've put it like that makes me realise how quickly this one is approaching!

17 minutes ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good afternoon srkirad

Well I think that your build is below the "25% Build" rule and I would like to see a Guatemalan aircraft so welcome aboard and see you in a few weeks for the start of this STGB ..

All the best

Patrice

Thank you so much Patrice!

I generally like a bit exotic and not so usual markings on planes, so it would be pleasure to finish this one.

Cheers,

S.

• Like 2