P-51 Mustang STGB IV Chat

TEMPESTMK5

On 14/08/2019 at 23:02, zegeye said:

I've just finished B version for a sharkmouth GB. But have enough place for few Mustangs more. So count me too.

Good evening zegeye

Good news Welcome aboard

Patrice

Hi all!

I've not done a GB before and now I'm tempted as it could be coincident with my current multi-Mustang build line. Having thought it through I rreckon I can save one for the kick-off of this GB. The others will be done before that - I hope!  So, count me in!

@Andre B :)

Thanks,

Martin

• Like 3

I've got a old 1/24 P51 Sat on the shelf awaiting such a group build :)

i dare say it won't be as good as everyone else's on here, but I think I'll enjoy the challenge. I'll most likely do something custom/ modified, I've never built OOB in my life ;)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Tone1980 said:

I've got a old 1/24 P51 Sat on the shelf awaiting such a group build :)

i dare say it won't be as good as everyone else's on here, but I think I'll enjoy the challenge. I'll most likely do something custom/ modified, I've never built OOB in my life ;)

Thats the spirit, i rebuilt my Brother in laws 1/24 Airfix P-51 a few years ago. Only thing on it that were decals were stars and bars and kill markings. Everything else was custom homemade stencils and freehand, I did mine in 20th Fg markings. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, German Armour said:

Add me to the list....

Good morning German Armour

Welcome aboard ..

Once the GB is ''official'' the list is not updated everyone interested is free to participate when the Gb starts ...See you on December 14th ...

All the best

Patrice

• Thanks 1

I bought my Mustang ages ago for this...I know it’s in the garage somewhere, but where. Will be an end of Christmas holidays cheer up build.

Some really nice ideas coming through 

21 hours ago, Alan P said:

I'm going to have to try this one too!

It'll be the Revell 1/32 kit with one of these colourful options, haven't decided which yet...

lfl32-014.png

I’d choose the bottom one ;)

Edited by RidgeRunner
  • Like 5

On 8/24/2019 at 1:10 AM, Alan P said:

I do believe you and I are on the same wavelength...😉

A "joint venture" with an local Danish company called "LEGO" judged by the colourful lines?

I agree about the one to choose! ;)

Cheers / André

Edited by Andre B
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Dansk said:

I’d love to participate with The new eduard 1/48 scale kit that the postman delivered last week. 🤗

Good afternoon Paul

Welcome aboard , I am sure that we will see a few of these kits in this Gb ...

All the best

Patrice

13 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Hi Patrice I'm in as long as you are happy with a Twin Mustang,Chris sent me Frog's kit and Pete sourced some decal's for a colourful

night fighter.

Good afternoon Steve

Of course you are more then welcome with the Frog's Twin Mustang 👍..

All the best Patrice

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2019 at 9:06 PM, RidgeRunner said:

I’d choose the bottom one ;)

HI Alan l could be wrong but l  don't think the Revell Mustang is the early D with out the tail fillet ?

wellzy

• Thanks 1

I'll be in on this. I've been looking for some reason to build one of the 1/48 Academy Twin Mustangs in the stash. 

I know there is talk of a new-tool in the works, but who knows when that will be out and I need to do something with at least one of the four.🤔

They came only bagged and without decals, so those I'll have to source and I'll be getting the PE set and the vac-form canopies.

It would appear that I haven't said yes to this yet, something to do with a lousy modelling situation at Chez Hnz but that appears to be improving & so its an almost definite yes, the difficult part will come down to which variant to model of what I have in stock, it might even become yes & yes. :)

Steve.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2019 at 8:08 AM, stevehnz said:

what I have in stock, it might even become yes & yes. :)

Hmmm .... I've got around ten on the shelf at the moment :) I'm sure I'll still have one for this GB :)

Martin

• Like 2