P-51 Mustang STGB IV Chat

TEMPESTMK5

Good morning Patrice. Please add my name to the list as I plan to build a Swedish and Canadian AF Mustang in the future so it may as well be during this GB :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Col. said:

Good morning Patrice. Please add my name to the list as I plan to build a Swedish and Canadian AF Mustang in the future so it may as well be during this GB :) 

Good afternoon Col

Welcome aboard and if you know someone around you that may be interested  because we need 2 more people for this GB ...

Cheers

Patrice

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Go on then.Count me in  I hope to be out of my modelling doldrums and back in the mood by then.  I have a couple ideas. Post war RCAF certainly and maybe a civvy one..not sure yet

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Paul J said:

Go on then.Count me in  I hope to be out of my modelling doldrums and back in the mood by then.  I have a couple ideas. Post war RCAF certainly and maybe a civvy one..not sure yet

Good afternoon Paul J

You are already on the list ..but anyway a Post War RCAF looks very interesting and I hope you will be able to build it for this Gb ...

Cheers

Patrice

I'm obsessed with 8th Air Force fighters, especially P-51s. So I'd like to model maybe one of the lesser modelled fighter groups such as the 359th FG but then again I do like a blue noser 🤔 Suppose I've got plenty of time to make up my mind.

6 minutes ago, Blitz23 said:

I'm obsessed with 8th Air Force fighters, especially P-51s. So I'd like to model maybe one of the lesser modelled fighter groups such as the 359th FG but then again I do like a blue noser 🤔 Suppose I've got plenty of time to make up my mind.

Good evening Blitz23

Me too I like 8th Air Force Fighters but  so far we need just one more participant to see this Gb next year and have a date .

So if you know someone who might be interested  .

Cheers

Patrice

1 hour ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good evening Blitz23

Me too I like 8th Air Force Fighters but  so far we need just one more participant to see this Gb next year and have a date .

So if you know someone who might be interested  .

Cheers

Patrice

I'm sure we won't have any trouble finding one more for a Mustang build.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, CliffB said:

Sign me up too please Patrice with a D (1/100 scale, of course :winkgrin:).

Thanks

Cliff

Good morning CliffB

Thank you , you are the 25th on the list  and WE ARE IN for next year YESSSS ..

Patrice

• Like 3

6 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good afternoon Mustang fans

I contacted Enzo to set a date for this Gb next year and I will update the post as soon as he will have answered me..

Patrice

Good evening

We have a date  this Gb will take place from 24 August to 24 November 2019 ..

Patrice

• Like 4

Good morning all Mustang Fans

I have realized that this Gb will take place at the same time as the Curtiss P36 / P40 GB so Enzo and I decided to change the date and it will take place from 14 december to 15 March 2020 ...

Patrice

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Bedders said:

December 2019? In that case count me in with the new-mould Airfix 1/72 B-model (here's hoping...). Failing that, some other member of the family.

Justin

Good evening Justin

I really hope that Airfix will give us a B/C model very soon ...

Cheers

Patrice

• Like 1

Oh I can´t resist any longer, the P-51D I´m currently building in the special dedicated kit GB has wrapped me around its finger and for good, I fear... But for the next Mustang I shall try the Tamiya 1:72 D-kit. Apart from the solid flaps, is it as good as the Airfix one, I hope it has finer sprue gates, and thicker control stick and aerial :wink: V-P 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

Oh I can´t resist any longer, the P-51D I´m currently building in the special dedicated kit GB has wrapped me around its finger and for good, I fear... But for the next Mustang I shall try the Tamiya 1:72 D-kit. Apart from the solid flaps, is it as good as the Airfix one, I hope it has finer sprue gates, and thicker control stick and aerial :wink: V-P 

My take: the Tamiya has somewhat nicer cockpit details, some rivets on the flaps and here and there, and landing gear that doesn’t bend from the weight of the model. Otherwise they are on par.

—-

Given the success of the Airfix D-models I would not be surprised by a B/C model. Or at least a new D-boxing ;)

Edited by Torbjorn
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

Good evening V P

I can assure you that you will enjoy building the Tamiya Mustang no problem with the control stick and aerial ..

And if I was you at 10,90 euros I would buy dozens ..

Cheers

Patrice

• Haha 2