Mirage Hobby Pzl-11c in 1/48 scale

Looks great to me!

I have often wondered about acquiring this model, so how does it assemble and what paints did you use? As they look spot on.

Christian, transported to africa

10 hours ago, wyverns4 said:

Looks great to me!

I have often wondered about acquiring this model, so how does it assemble and what paints did you use? As they look spot on.

Christian, transported to africa

thankyou all for the kind comments

in terms of assembly I found it challenging - the PE for the cockpit didn't quite fit (possibly something to do with me putting too much paint on the framing inside the fuselage) which meant the cockpit tub was lopsided when installed and I need to file a v deep groove on each side of the fuselage for the IP to fit. even with that it was a bit wonky.

the other major issue I encountered was where the u/c legs meet the fuselage which needed quite a bit of Milliput (in my hamfisted approach anyway) as without there is a gap where they go into the 'slots'.

Paints were from a polish company called Pactra, A68 Polish Blue for the undersides and A67 Polish Khaki for the top.

• Like 1

The instrument panel is to large. It is necessary to file away the edges to get it to fit. Yahu have a replacement prepainted panel which might be a better fit. It also looks much better.

The wing struts need to be lengthened by about 1.5 to 2 mm. How Mirage managed to make them too short I do not know. Perhaps, technically they are the right length as measured. The struts look like they meet the undercarriage struts on the fuselage side. In fact they enter the fuselage a little above the undercarriage struts. A fairing covered the space between the struts.