BB-8 (Bandai 1/12 scale)

BB-8

Resistance pilot Poe Dameron's loyal astromech droid

Bandai 1/12 scale

bb8-2WM.jpg

bb8-3WM.jpg

bb8-4WM.jpg

bb8-1wm.jpg

I started this year with a BB-8 and I finished this year with another one, albeit one as a commission instead of my personal collection! Like my previous one, this is a full paint job: the white is a custom off-white mix I've used in the past for X-wings, the orange is a mix of a couple Vallejo paints, and the metallic bits are Alclad Airframe Aluminum (ALC-119). All of the weathering was done with Mig enamels and oils. The base is a 3.5" wood cube that I spray painted satin black and I made a vinyl stencil for the "logo." Interestingly enough, I got the idea for the "logo" while I was standing in line at the craft store to buy the wood cube. My girls were looking at knick knacks they had on the shelves in the queue and my younger one found a neat little Star Wars coffee mug with BB-8 on it. She showed it to me and when I picked it up to look at it, it had this little logo on the one side (with a "BB" in the larger circle). I thought it would look cool on the base so I made a stencil of it when I got home! As always, comments and criticism is always appreciated.

• Like 16

On 12/7/2016 at 2:49 PM, AndyRM101 said:

Great looking BB-8. The base really sets him off well.

Andy

Thanks Andy! I was heavily inspired by your BB-8 build earlier this year. I still don't think I have using enamel washes down yet, but I feel like this model was a good step in the right direction for me.

• 2 weeks later...