This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Mike

it's CHRISTMAS!!!!!

6 hours ago, Nick Belbin said:

Am I allowed to carry on being the happy chappie that I normally am??

Yes you are Simon - in fact I insist on it. :)

I'm gonna have to post it due to the high curmudgeon count who only look forward to Christmas because it's a good exercise for all their frowning and miserable facial muscles.

dullpost.jpg

Yes we get it.  You don't like Christmas for whatever reason... don't pour your disdain on every mention of it because there are plenty of people out there (self included) that enjoy Christmas for their own reasons.

I think this might improve the look of those guys Nick:

:penguin::santa::penguin::santa::penguin::santa::penguin::santa::penguin::santa::penguin::santa::penguin::santa::penguin::santa::penguin::santa::penguin::santa::penguin::santa::penguin::santa::penguin::santa::penguin::santa::penguin::santa::penguin::santa::penguin::santa::penguin::santa::penguin::santa::penguin::santa::penguin::santa::penguin::santa::penguin::santa::penguin::santa::penguin::santa::penguin::santa::penguin::santa::penguin::santa::penguin::santa::penguin::santa::penguin::santa::penguin::santa::penguin::santa::penguin::santa::penguin::santa::penguin::santa::penguin::santa::penguin:

(seems I forgot there's a limit on the number of smileys :rolleyes: (which won't work))

:frantic::frantic::frantic::frantic::frantic::frantic::frantic::frantic::frantic::frantic::frantic::frantic::frantic::frantic::frantic::frantic::frantic::frantic::frantic::frantic::frantic:

Wooooooo! Christmas....it's snowing, it's snowing!!! :tomato:

Call me back on the 25th.........

Trevor

1 hour ago, Max Headroom said:

Call me back on the 25th.........

Trevor

........... of June.  At the earliest....................

At first I thought a Space Invaders game had taken over the site.   :banghead:

Any chance of a little laser to shoot them down please Mike ??  :mg:

Dick

You could try getting one of those 99p laser pointers from town, I guess? :shrug: Other than that, you could use the power of... imagination! :shocked:

...or wad up some paper and spit it down an empty biro tube? I dunno ^_^

702869-large.jpg

...hey Santa - that's mine :santa:

Sorry, guys - can someone talk me through how to block the snow, please? It's a cool idea, but it is driving me mad. I've got Adblock running and have tried 'block element,' but the most I seem to be able to do is block a specific snowflake.

52 minutes ago, CurrantBunbury said:

Sorry, guys - can someone talk me through how to block the snow, please? It's a cool idea, but it is driving me mad. I've got Adblock running and have tried 'block element,' but the most I seem to be able to do is block a specific snowflake.

Don't worry ........... It will be all better in the New Year ............ the site has just got a bit Flakey  and is drifting a bit........... :cold::penguin::penguin::penguin:

I think the countdown clock should be used in the run up to Telford too.

Trevor

1 hour ago, CurrantBunbury said:

Go to the foot of the page, select 'theme' , then select default. Gives you the old forum page,.

If you are running Adblock plus in either Chrome or Firefox you can choose Options->Add My Own Filter and then add the following into the filter list:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/uploads/set_resources_4/6554b6be8c0d829a8bf63ae0c82cf121_snowstorm-min.js

Save and reload the page and the weather will have changed!

4 hours ago, Max Headroom said:

I think the countdown clock should be used in the run up to Telford too.

Funnily enough, that had occurred to me too as I was setting it up :)

1 hour ago, Kallisti said:

If you are running Adblock plus in either Chrome or Firefox you can choose Options->Add My Own Filter and then add the following into the filter list:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/uploads/set_resources_4/6554b6be8c0d829a8bf63ae0c82cf121_snowstorm-min.js

Save and reload the page and the weather will have changed!

ABP would not allow that, but uBlock did. Thanks, the weather has changed for the better.

53 minutes ago, Mike said:

Funnily enough, that had occurred to me too as I was setting it up :)

I've missed the last two Telford's :(  but I don't want to miss another one; so, that could be a good idea Mike. :)  While you're at it, could we have one for the North Somerset Model Show which will be held on 8th July 2018? :wicked:

On Facebook Airfix confirmed to me and another bloke the news when we asked about the ETA of the Advent Calendar:

"Not this year I'm afraid Gents, you may have some festive treat for you throughout December so keep your eyes peeled."

Edited by k5054nz