More Bulldog questions.....

mackem01

Evening peeps.....question - what are the general colours of the Bristol Bulldog cockpit? I'm assuming aluminium seat, black instrument panel, and either red dope

or green cockpit sides. If anyone would like to chip in to confirm or correct my assumptions I'd be really chuffed.

Over to you...

Never saw any specifications, but this seems to be the most likely....

Tube framework and foot slides black.

Inside of metal panels battleship grey.

If recollection serves, no portion of cockpit sidewall showed fabric.

Any wooden stringers on the bracing against metal panels would likely be varnished wood.

Instrument panel does seem to be black.

Following on from the colour question I'd like to ask about the seat harness. Would this by a 4/5 point harness or (as I suspect) one of the broad

"lap strap" ones. These seem to have begun changing around that time and I'm unsure which one to replicate.

T.I.A.....

I would go with a natural metal seat and the only non Finnish cockpit shots I can find have a Sutton harness.  All steel fittings and tube work in Black. Alloy fittings such as on the ali control column in natural metal Alloy and Brass with Black grip.  Main light type switches on instrument board, brass dome and white ceramic. Black Inst board with Black faces and Black rims with gun bodies in gunmetal. Internal side panels darkish Grey  with fabric and stringers being just visible aft of the seat on the stbd side only.

John

This one's a doozie........It seems the "WT" electrical bonding markings on most interwar types were in circles as opposed

to the later square format that we are all familiar with. Does anyone have an inkling if the round interwar marking is available

anywhere and preferably in 48th scale.

Morning all.

Today is a day for a paint dilema. The paint for the upper fuselage decking I have seen described as either dark green, mid-green, or NIVO, and I am wondering which one is going to be correct. My thoughts are that it is more than likely NIVO as I would imagine that there would be plenty of paint stock left after WW1 and they would be more than likely to keep and use it due to the governmental parsimony of the time. I am less convinced by the other two general desriptions. Photographs are less reliable due conditions when they were taken, so I would very much appreciate any views

or opinions.

T.I.A.....

• 3 weeks later...

It's not so much a matter of NIVO being left over in a pile of tins in a shed somewhere: remember that it was still being applied to new RAF bombers in the '30s, like the Heyford and Hendon, and used for their maintenance and upkeep well into the late '30s.

Cheers WIP & Dave. After finding another reference I went head and used NIVO. The result is a strange but pleaseing outcome. Now if I can just get the green fuselage bars right I'll update my WIP. Thanks for the input guys - much appreciated.