Needing a quick bit of comic relief between big projects, I decided to take to this rather old Revell kit, and try to make something of it. I was rather impressed with the kitset. It fits well, required minimal sanding, and hardly any filler.

I've used the Print scale decals, which were extremely thin, to the point I wrecked a few trying to get them in place. However the schemes on the sheet made the nervous wreck I quickly became, all worthwhile.

Enjoy,

Regards, Alan

IMG_1273_zpsdmtxvj02.jpg

IMG_1283_zpsrdnosna0.jpg

IMG_1279_zpsztyk48e0.jpg

IMG_1256_zpsvfnke7rm.jpg

• Like 37

I have been on the look out for one of these for my Vietnam theme.  Every time I get near to one I miss the bu88er!!

Yours looks very nice indeed, I must double my efforts to snaffle one!

Phil

22 hours ago, Radleigh said:

Been lucky enough to get two this year, can't wait to get them built. Lovely looking aircraft, and I love that colour scheme! :)

Ah, so its you who keeps outbidding me...!!! :lol:

• Like 1

Lovely job on the Albatross Alan. I have had one here on the forum somewhere and one more still in the box to look forward to. I feel that there is still a need for kits of this style to meet the requirements of many modellers after all, who wants a full toilet facility in their TU-160  or all the crew stations modelled in their Shackleton, all of which disappear when the fuselage is closed up  and then have these unaffordable kits dropped in a giant box that often cost more than the price of the kit to have posted. Your SA-16 shows that  this is all that is needed to turn out a brilliant model, at least in this scale.

Well Done,   Trev.

Edited by vh-bob
originally done late at night. Hated it in the morning.