19 hours ago, Julien said:

Count me in as this fits in with a club build as well.

I have a 1/350 HMS Lord Nelson.

Julien

You are very welcome Julien.

She, Lord Nelson, will be very appropriate to this GB.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ScootyPuffJunior said:

Count me in as well.

The Great War is my favorite modeling subject and I have a wide variety of kits waiting to be built.

You are very welcome.

I took a quick look at your Orion Paintworks site, that is very impressive, with a wide range of builds.

• 1 month later...

Can I join? I have a bunch of plastic, metal and resin WW1 figures, I'd like to complete as many soldiers of various nations as possible before the end of the GB.

Welcome to the build

27 minutes ago, m.webb63 said:

I'd like to be included in this one. I'd like to produce a small vignette of mining warfare but we'll see how I get on as may be beyond my abilities

Now that does sound interesting - about all I know of WWI mining comes out of Peaky Blinders and that is precious little.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I'd like to join in if I may.  I have a Roden Fokker DVII that I plan on building as Lowenhardt's yellow machine from Jasta 10.

Andrew

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Andwil said:

Hi,

I'd like to join in if I may.  I have a Roden Fokker DVII that I plan on building as Lowenhardt's yellow machine from Jasta 10.

Andrew

You are very welcome Andrew, and that Fokker DVII sounds good.

Well I will be joining in but no idea what to do, that banner's got me thinking of Eduard's Gunbus which is an aircraft I've loved since building Revell's oldie many 

moons ago I've done a trench scene with Masterbox figure's which was great fun

DSCN1604_zps8jdym7aq.jpg

Even got arty-farty one evening as I sat looking out the window gave me an Idea!

DSCN1627_zpse9lwgrem.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 9

On 4/17/2018 at 6:40 PM, m.webb63 said:

I'd like to be included in this one. I'd like to produce a small vignette of mining warfare but we'll see how I get on as may be beyond my abilities

Remember you can always ask for help on here.  I am sure you will get many helpful suggestions if you get stuck.

I'm going to have a go at a vignette - gawd help us all!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Even got arty-farty one evening as I sat looking out the window gave me an Idea!

DSCN1627_zpse9lwgrem.jpg

That really works Steve, at least for me it does - OK, they may not have used colour photography in 1914-18, but Herbert Ponting used some colour in his prints of Scott's Antarctic expedition of 1911 (example link, a carbon print on dyed paper: https://www.royalcollection.org.uk/collection/themes/exhibitions/the-heart-of-the-great-alone-scott-shackleton-and-antarctic-photography/the-queens-gallery-buckingham-palace/cirrus-clouds-over-the-barne-glacier )

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The things this site will make you do...

So there I was mooching around a model shop looking for something to buy. I was thinking of a 1:48 aircraft or perhaps the new Tamiya Churchill in 1:48. Nope only a Spitfire PR xix and I didn't really fancy that (I've got a half built mk1a waiting for decals weathering and the return of my mojo. So I spotted this Emhar 1:35 Whippet and thought of the this upcoming GB.

Before I knew it, I was exiting the shop with it under my arm. No research on whether the model was any good, never come across Emhar before.

What have I done?

The-Meep.jpg

Still it looks a kit of only a few parts and can't see any flash, so that's good. Don't like the look of those tracks and the machine guns might be better replaced with turned brass replacements.

Good job it was a bargain...

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 04/07/2018 at 18:59, the South African said:

After doing my current stalled airfix build I would very much like to be a part of this If you would have me.

Regards:

Shaun

Never mind the stalled build, you are very welcome to join us Shaun - we start in just over two weeks time (21 July)

I'm currently enjoying taking part in the Airfix GB. When I've finished my entries, or at least got most of them nearly done, I should like to jump in on this one, if I may?

Probably (almost definitely) an aircraft of some sort, involving a bit of rigging :wacko:

• Like 1