1 minute ago, Robert Stuart said:

I see @Ozzy has raised posts in both sections - thanks :)

No worries @Robert Stuart, due to the significance of 2018 it's a GB that has to get through the voting process. I would say like myself there are plenty of members with a family connection to the Great War, this GB would be a fitting way to pay tribute to all those who lost there lives and survived on all sides. :angrysoapbox.sml:

• Like 2

I've not been very active recently so missed this. I'm in and voted. As a family we're unusual in that we lost more in WW2 than in WW1. Most were too young for WW1 but all got caught up in the second round.

If permitted I would like to make the first track-laying, self-propelled armoured vehicle. The Killen Strait tractor with the armoured car body. It will be 1/48 and scratch-built and the rivets have just arrived (I've been planning this for a while). If this is not acceptable I'll think of something else.

If, by some travesty, this doesn't get through, I suggest we do it unofficially somehow perhaps over a longer time span given the complexity of most subjects involved.

• Like 1

On 03/11/2017 at 21:14, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Ok ok chalk my name in i need to expand my WW1 aircraft stash anyways. Maybe this will get me to buy the ones i want.

Thanks, you are on the list :)

On 04/11/2017 at 10:30, Kallisti said:

this GB should be a shoe-in.

I may be biased, but, I agree. 

On 04/11/2017 at 10:48, SleeperService said:

If ... this doesn't get through, I suggest we do it unofficially somehow perhaps over a longer time span given the complexity of most subjects involved.

Don't give up yet (though I suspect we may have to do something ...)

I'm very pleased that it got through - I was very disappointed at the voting - I think it failed to get the votes because the name wasn't obvious, "Elevtnth Hour" wasn't a good title for the poll, it didn't immediately explain what the subject was.

Thank goodness, now comes the wait until it begins and in the meantime I'll be having to move house at the end of July, so this might be the first model I build in my new house!

• Like 1

I can't guarantee that I'll be doing this as figures are out of my comfort zone. however...

A concept I have had in mind for some time is a pair of trench dioramas; British and German.  The odd thing is that I would build them as bookends, with the books being No Man's Land.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

What flavour is it?

:ignore:

Hmmm The infantry are wearing picklehauben, so 1916 or earlier ... but it's advertising, so the helmet may be anachronous (wrong time frame)

Albatros is a single seater, no 'ears', probably a DIII, (did late DII 's have 'ears' - fuselage mounted radiators)

:ignore:

• Like 1

On 11/26/2017 at 10:18, Robert Stuart said:

This is an all arms, all nations build ... we might see a few of these -

e0393a09280a69fbd40c0fb64acde489--fighte

Not just Albatrii ...

53 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

What flavour is it?

Do you get wafers?

Or does it come on a stick?

Edited by Wez
  • Like 1