Grumman Gb Chat

TEMPESTMK5

Hi Patrice

Please add me to the list for this one please, this should drop in nicely after I finish the Hunter in the 60s nato/warsaw pact GB

I'll have a mooch round for something that catches my eye or I could do one of the Frog kits I was going to do for the frog tribute GB (A6A and Wildcat iv) if I can't find anything 

Ian :) 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Redstaff said:

Hi Patrice

Please add me to the list for this one please, this should drop in nicely after I finish the Hunter in the 60s nato/warsaw pact GB

I'll have a mooch round for something that catches my eye or I could do one of the Frog kits I was going to do for the frog tribute GB (A6A and Wildcat iv) if I can't find anything 

Ian :) 

Good morning Ian

Welcome aboard 

Cheers

Patrice

Since this Gb has reached the magic number and has been given a slot I don't think we have to add names on the list all those interested in building Grumman products can start a subject when this Gb starts ..

Patrice

I had better go and buy something.  

I think the Tamiya 1/48 F4F-4 that I want to convert to Martlet MkIV FN112/Ø7*D of 888 NAS HMS Formidable Operation Torch Nov '42.  Which will fit into my FAA Aces collection as it was flown by LT D M Jeram.

All I have got to do is figure out the dimensions of the short cord Martlet cowling... I think the rest is quite straight forward..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pierpaolo said:

I am always been a fan of Grumman (notice my interests in the profile). I have 33 suitable kits to choose from :rolleyes:

Good afternoon Pierpaolo

I hope choosing from your 33 suitable kits will not be too much difficult ...

Cheers

Patrice

• Like 1

My desire to build is returning ... despite a total loss of kit building... maybe due to the hot weather... , and I now have the desire to have a bash at something. In this case the Grumman Avenger beckons. I have got the double boxing of the Hasegawa kit and Ventura decals for an RNZAF scheme.

So if I may I'd like to join in.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Paul J said:

My desire to build is returning ... despite a total loss of kit building... maybe due to the hot weather... , and I now have the desire to have a bash at something. In this case the Grumman Avenger beckons. I have got the double boxing of the Hasegawa kit and Ventura decals for an RNZAF scheme.

So if I may I'd like to join in.

Good morning Paul J

Very good news ..

Of course you can join in an Avenger in RNZAF scheme will be very interesting

Cheers

Patrice

Edited by TEMPESTMK5
  • Like 1

My entry:

q41CmP.jpg

Kits and the Ventura decals for the TBM-1C

Bq44M6.jpg

Not sure what to do with the TBM-3.

Time and finishing this one permitting, I may also enter my Eduard Hellcat that no one wants to buy....???

• Like 3

Evening all.

I’d forgot about this till I got the email reminder. Having not put scalpel to plastic for a year I’m hoping to find my mojo with this GB. I’ve got 11 Grumman types to choose from but I’m thinking about an Argentinian f9f. 

Cheers Allan

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Paul J said:

My entry:

q41CmP.jpg

Kits and the Ventura decals for the TBM-1C

Bq44M6.jpg

Not sure what to do with the TBM-3.

Time and finishing this one permitting, I may also enter my Eduard Hellcat that no one wants to buy....???

Good morning Paul

May I suggest you to build the TBM-1C in RNZAF markings and the TBM-3 in Us Navy markings or as Enzo would say "build them both you know you want to" 😉

Cheers

Patrice

10 hours ago, almac said:

Evening all.

I’d forgot about this till I got the email reminder. Having not put scalpel to plastic for a year I’m hoping to find my mojo with this GB. I’ve got 11 Grumman types to choose from but I’m thinking about an Argentinian f9f

Cheers Allan

Good morning Allan

An Argentinian Panther will be very interesting

Cheers

Patrice

Oh dear, here comes another one!  I'm another in the "xx suitable kits" club (it would be interesting to know, but I'm nowhere near that organized).  It won't be a Tamiya Tomcat, I can at least be sure of that.  Might be a good excuse to (finally) build an Acc Min F3F.  Then there's that Tigercat.  Hmm, let's see... FF, F3F (wish I had an F2F), F4F, F5F, F6F, F7F, F8F, F9F (ooh, hello Two-gar?), TBF (or M), Duck, Widgeon, Goose...

• Like 2

19 hours ago, gingerbob said:

Oh dear, here comes another one!  I'm another in the "xx suitable kits" club (it would be interesting to know, but I'm nowhere near that organized).  It won't be a Tamiya Tomcat, I can at least be sure of that.  Might be a good excuse to (finally) build an Acc Min F3F.  Then there's that Tigercat.  Hmm, let's see... FF, F3F (wish I had an F2F), F4F, F5F, F6F, F7F, F8F, F9F (ooh, hello Two-gar?), TBF (or M), Duck, Widgeon, Goose...

Good morning Gingerbob

Well it seems you have a very interesting stash of Grumman aircraft ...

Cheers

Patrice

On 09/10/2018 at 12:31, gingerbob said:

Hmm, let's see... FF, F3F (wish I had an F2F), F4F, F5F, F6F, F7F, F8F, F9F (ooh, hello Two-gar?), TBF (or M), Duck, Widgeon, Goose...

Don't make me say it.  You wouldn't like me when I say it...!  :lol: 

• Haha 1

Oh, don't worry, I already know!  Of course, were I feeling more financially secure, I'd use this GB as an excuse to buy something I DON'T have yet (in 48th), like an Albatross or Stoof!  Oh dear, just remembered the Trumpeter 32nd Bearcat.

• Like 1