Grumman Gb Chat

TEMPESTMK5

1 hour ago, Enzo Matrix said:

I'd like to make my subject the Grumman F9F-6 Cougar.  I fancy building three different versions; The fighter, the recce version and the trainer.

Good afternoon Enzo

Welcome aboard  making the 3 different versions of the Cougar is a very interesting idea 🤒🤒

9 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

I'll be joining if that's OK not sure what with might go Gull gray over white without a prop!

Good afternoon Steve

Welcome aboard "Gull Gray over white without a prop" I have no idea at all but I am looking forward to see your build ..

Patrice

2 minutes ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good afternoon Steve

Welcome aboard "Gull Gray over white without a prop" I have no idea at all but I am looking forward to see your build ..

At the moment Patrice Hasegawa's Prowler is top of the hit list.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, stevej60 said:

not sure what with might go Gull gray over white without a prop!

Late examples of the F9F Panther, most examples of the F9F Cougar, F11F Tiger, A-6 Intruder, C-1 Trader, E-1 Tracer, S-2 Tracker, E-2 Hawkeye, F-14 Tomcat.

Oh, and there's the C-2 Greyhound, but that would technically be white over gull gray. :fool: 

Edit:  doh!  you did say without a prop   :banghead: 

• Like 2

On 7/20/2018 at 4:09 AM, Enzo Matrix said:

Late examples of the F9F Panther, most examples of the F9F Cougar, F11F Tiger, A-6 Intruder, C-1 Trader, E-1 Tracer, S-2 Tracker, E-2 Hawkeye, F-14 Tomcat.

Oh, and there's the C-2 Greyhound, but that would technically be white over gull gray. :fool: 

Edit:  doh!  you did say without a prop   :banghead: 

So Enzo I take it then you'll be building all these??? We don't mind if you do some Blue ones as well.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, draggie748 said:

I'd like to enter with an Academy 72nd scale F-14A in VF-51 from the kit markings.

Cheers

Phil

Good afternoon Phil

Welcome aboard great to see another Tomcat in this Gb ..

Cheers

Patrice

18 hours ago, Tony Oliver said:

Will be away in the falklands for the majority of this timeframe so need to withdraw. 

Pity. 

Good afternoon Tony

That's too bad but I wish you a good stay there ..

Patrice

22 hours ago, Tony Oliver said:

Will be away in the falklands for the majority of this timeframe so need to withdraw. 

Pity. 

Having done 5 tours of the godforsakenplace I'd suggest you could use this GB as a good way of killing time, mind you, the place is much nicer in their summer, trust me I know, four of my tours were winters!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wez said:

Having done 5 tours of the godforsakenplace I'd suggest you could use this GB as a good way of killing time, mind you, the place is much nicer in their summer, trust me I know, four of my tours were winters!

You must have been really bad! 😮 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Wez said:

No time or space for plastic mate. 

• Sad 2

I would like to participate in this please. Not sure what yet but it will be a post war jet. I have a few Tomcats and the F9F-8 Cougar and F9F -2 Panther in 1/48 so will go with one of those.

Enzo if you are going to do a F9F-6 Cougar check out the Detail and Scale ebook as there is a conversion article in there for 1/72. I started one but is on the back burner.

Robert

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Col. said:

You must have been really bad!

I got off lightly, a number of my colleagues did seven tours, mind you there were still those loathsome spotted reptiles that did none!

But yes, I have to confess, I'm bad, just ask anyone who knows me :wicked:

Edited by Wez
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

This ones quite a long GB so as well as the 1/48 Eduard Hellcat I want to try and get my Tigercat done and a Italeri Intruder maybe in a low vis Marine scheme.

• Like 1

On 06/08/2018 at 17:26, Blitz23 said:

This ones quite a long GB so as well as the 1/48 Eduard Hellcat I want to try and get my Tigercat done and a Italeri Intruder maybe in a low vis Marine scheme.

Good evening Blitz

Welcome aboard

Cheers

Patrice

• 4 weeks later...

I  bought another Grumman product at Avon model show, that has not been mentioned previously on the thread, but I'm keen to start it.

Italeri EF-111A, for which Grumman did all the conversion work.

I've also got decals for the prototype making it even more a Grumman aircraft.

Is this one acceptable?

Edited by theplasticsurgeon

@TEMPESTMK5 Can I join with an F14 Egg plane Tomcat?

@Wez I was lucky enough to mange only one trip “down south” during my 22years, I was always under the impression that with my uncle fighting “during the war” I should be exempt. Almost got away with it. 

6 hours ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

@TEMPESTMK5 Can I join with an F14 Egg plane Tomcat?

@Wez I was lucky enough to mange only one trip “down south” during my 22years, I was always under the impression that with my uncle fighting “during the war” I should be exempt. Almost got away with it. 

Good evening Hockeyboy76

Of course welcome aboard

Cheers

Patrice

• Thanks 1

On 02/09/2018 at 01:41, theplasticsurgeon said:

I  bought another Grumman product at Avon model show, that has not been mentioned previously on the thread, but I'm keen to start it.

Italeri EF-111A, for which Grumman did all the conversion work.

I've also got decals for the prototype making it even more a Grumman aircraft.

Is this one acceptable?

Good morning theplasticsurgeon

I think that we can accept this aircraft so welcome aboard ..

Cheers

Patrice

7 hours ago, Pappy said:

G'day,

I would like to join, most likely with an S-2G Tracker,

cheers,

Pappy

Good morning Pappy

Welcome aboard 

Cheers

Patrice

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, DaveJL said:

Oh well, the F-14 binge will be starting early :lol:

In your case I'd say that's unavoidable (is that a word?) 😁

Edit: oh I do have an Airfix Martlet kit. If I have oomph left after the Fortress build, I might enter this one. No promises though!

• Like 1