TAKOM WHIPPET MK A 1/35th

D1fuN0

Afternoon Chaps :bye:

Well now, another valley in not usually found strollin around in...

This is my first armour build in about 4 years.

I have always wanted to build a Whippet since i was but a wee spotty faced yufe. I did have a go at scratchbuilding one many many years ago out of cardboard....

Anyway, Takoms kit. Very excellently good. This is the japanese boxing with the resin figure and special markings, but still comes with 6 british, russian and german variants.

The kit is excellent, very few, if any issues. The tracks are a marvel that just clip together and if a ham fisted buffoon like me can make them work, so can you.

The markings are entirely ficticious, i just like the way they look.

Obviously, colour references are a bit of a rarity for this vehicle, and I like getting a colour photo as reference normally, but this time it was entirely made up.

The Whippet is finished in Vallejo Tank Green, followed by a couple of coats of sand and medium brown of the same manufacturer. Tracks are finished in Tamiya Dark iron and Gun Metal with Tamiya weathering sticks.

Totally enjoyable build. Basically no issues, but the wheels are a bit fiddly to fit the way the instructions advise to fit, but hey, who follows the instructions.

Hope you enjoy the pics and I have the Meng Renault FT17 waiting in the wings now.

IMG_20161202_121628.jpg

IMG_20161202_121606.jpg

IMG_20161202_121553.jpg

IMG_20161202_121709.jpg

:ninja:Mad Steve:ninja:

• Like 15

Nice build Steve, I particularly like the little details such as the dented exhaust muffler and the well-chipped ID stripes. I've just built Meng's version (interesting how these new far eastern manufacturers are duplicating each other) and I wish their tracks were as well behaved as you say Takom's are!

Funnily enough it was building Meng's FT17 recently that got me back into AFV's - I've got three built ready for painting and another four lined up...

Afternoon chaps :bye:

Thanks Chaps.

I like adding those little details johnny.

I cant see that those big red and white stripes would stay that way for very long :)

I like adding the little 'lived in' details. You can actually picture some squaddie leaning on the exhaust when the tank was being maintained(and screaming blue murder)

I've had a look at the Meng one, and its a much of a muchness really, except the tracks.

The Mark IV however... wow!

1 minute ago, Knikki said:

Nice build Andy ;)

Looks good, the tracks are nicely done as well.

Yep, Mad Andy has been at it again...

Someone gave me advice on the tracks, cant for the life of me remember who.... :whistle:

:ninja:Mad Andy:ninja:

• Like 1

Afternoon Chaps :bye:

Thank you kind Sir :D

I must say I enjoyed the build. I stopped building tanks about 4 years ago, after about a 10 year stint building 2 or three a month...

Think i might squeeze a few more in with the cars and bikes :)