Monty's Humber conversion - 8 cwt Lorry

kkarlsen

Looks well worn . . . 

An amazing transition from saloon car to lorry.

They don't come any better than your example.

Thanks for sharing it with us and I suspect you may well have lit the fire for a few fellow enthusiast

Ian

• Like 1

A lovely build, Kent.

I have wanted to do this conversion ever since I read an article in Airfix Magazine Annual 4 in the Seventies detailing how to do one. Perhaps your build will get me to finally get off my butt and try it, especially as your build thread is much more informative than the Airfix Mag article!

Dave

Thanks.

Since I didn't have a photo of a super snipe in north africa I used this photo of a Bedford MW as inspiration for the weathering...

7698-040717125427-114612153.jpeg

A really well used example!

But I don't think I could have done the build without the 1/72 ACE Super Snipe Lorry 8CWT as a guide, it's really well detailed. A big thanks to them!

http://acemodel.com.ua/en/model/574

Edited by kkarlsen
  • Like 3

I'm struggling with trying to find a balance between enough superlatives without sounding gushy here, but Wow, that is quite superb, I reckon as good a soft skinned military model as I've seen on these pages. The fact that it's a conversion from an elderly kit makes it all the more remarkable. A simply brilliant job Kent. If it is possible that any part of it stands above the rest, I do like your canvas, that is real masterclass. :thumbsup:

Steve.

• Like 1

Thanks all. Canvas is made of paper tissue and thinned white glue, allthough this time I started by making some sheets of it on a glass surface and left it to dry.

Then i had a 'canvas' material that I could cut windows into and make frames. Only the top canvas' was made 'in situ' by streching paper tissue on top of the frames.

• Like 3