Moebius Raptor - The 'Duke Nukem Forever' of model kits?

Nocoolname

As an avid gamer years back I recall the farce that became of the oft promised 'Duke Nukem Forever' to the extent that it eventually became the byword for vapourware. It's beginning to feel as though the Moebius Raptor is becoming the modelling (or at least the Sci-Fi modelling) equivalent. I can't recall how many times it has been 'expected' but all's I see are pictures. Don't suppose anyone has any solid info on if this is a real thing or simply a figment of the imagination?

Cheers

Nocool...

Edited by Nocoolname
spelling... and time delay for new posts... now 86 seconds
  • Like 1

It's certainly not a imaginary figment any longer, as there a couple build reviews up on U tube. But "Frack" I agree totally, this one is on my bucket list  but where is the kit released along with a review and some lovely sprue shots?

So Say We All !  

Oh, I don't know, I'm an eternal optimist my friend and a glass half full type of of chap. So I'm expecting it will arrive very soon indeed on or around the same day Round 2 release a 1/350 Enterprise 1701 D? He,he,   :rolleyes:

Many thanks Richard, that may go a long way to explaining the delay and no kit reviews so far, as the tooling has clearly been done, and looks like the wonderful kit we have been hoping and expecting for around two years or so now since the rumours were first muted. Cheers. 

• Like 1

Jumblies have them listed on preorder for March 2017, see link, its also got a weapons upgrade set as well

http://www.jumbliesmodels.com/plastic-kits-c3/tv-film-c49/moebius-models-battlestar-galactica-raptor-1-32-scale-model-kit-p10628

regards Chris

• 9 months later...

I wanted to buy this model but have been told by my LHS that the kits distributor here in Australia IS NOT going to import the kit for sale in Australia. Talk about being thoroughly disappointed as I am having to purchase the kit from oversea's as opposed to buying the kit locally.

Here in the UK, Hannants are advertising the Raptor as available for a mere 70 quid -- okay, 69.99 -- but as I write, their website indicates that they have no stock at present. Which either means that they haven't got any yet and have jumped the gun (which is unlike them in my experience) or they've sold out already. Either way, they seem to think it exists and is/will be for sale. So keep your eyes open, and you might be lucky...

I got mine from Jumblies on a preorder.

we are away at the moment so will post some pictures when we are back on Wednesday.

Also have the Paragrafix PE set on preorder so won’t be building till that arrives. 😀

• 2 weeks later...