Hawker (Siddeley) GB Chat

Col.

On 02/16/2017 at 0:14 AM, Doug Rogers said:

I don't think you'd want it in your living room, would definitely scare the cat out of the catflap.

And that's bad how? Filthy little things should be outside (preferably underground) anyway.

Sorry, my intense dislike for felids may be a little visible. :)

5 hours ago, allyby said:

When does it start and how long to complete the build?

We need to get through the November vote first and see where we can fit into the future calendar, at the moment it'll likely be 2018 or 2019 due to how popular the GBs are, at which point we'll get a three month slot to build our chosen subjects :) 

• Like 1

On 26/2/2017 at 18:38, Col. said:

We need to get through the November vote first and see where we can fit into the future calendar, at the moment it'll likely be 2018 or 2019 due to how popular the GBs are, at which point we'll get a three month slot to build our chosen subjects :) 

Good afternoon

This Gb Must pass through the November vote ;)..

Patrice

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good afternoon

This Gb Must pass through the November vote ;)..

Patrice

I really hope it does Patrice as there's such a great variety of subjects we can choose from.

1 hour ago, Paul J said:

I'd be happy to join in.  Not sure what with though but by the time its on I may have decided..

Okay cool, i've added your name to the list Paul, I'm guessing you've a few Hawker subjects in the stash to pick from?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else want to join in? Was having a look at the new 48th scale Eduard release of the Hawker Typhoon last week and thought it would be a great kit for this GB 

https://www.blackmikemodels.co.uk/products/eduard-1131-1-48-tiffy-typhoon-mk-1b-limited-edition

along with the Eduard/Special Hobby Tempest that's being rumoured and Airfix' Sea Fury :wub: there will be some rather tasty options for Hawker's last prop-driven designs.

Please count me in. Hurricane, Typhoon or Tempest (or maybe, just to be different, a Henley, if I can find a kit), in keeping with my personal focus on WWII builds during the 75th anniversary...though I might also sneak in a Sea Fury if I haven't built it for In The Navy already...

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 9:03 PM, bull-nut said:

I'll add my name to the list for this please, I've got a Typhoon, Tempest, and a couple of Harriers in the stash, And I'm sure Mrs Bull-nut won't object to another Hurricane :)

1 hour ago, Sabre_days said:

Please count me in. Hurricane, Typhoon or Tempest (or maybe, just to be different, a Henley, if I can find a kit), in keeping with my personal focus on WWII builds during the 75th anniversary...though I might also sneak in a Sea Fury if I haven't built it for In The Navy already...

Added you both with pleasure lads and that takes us up to the 30 names point :D 

On Sunday, February 26, 2017 at 17:38, Col. said:

Eighteen weeks, actually.  And this is now in the vote for 2018.

• Like 1

On 28/03/2017 at 8:35 PM, Enzo Matrix said:

Eighteen weeks, actually.  And this is now in the vote for 2018.

Thank you Enzo :speak_cool:

• 7 months later...
8 minutes ago, PhantomBigStu said:

With this one seemingly likely to get through the vote unlike the martime patrol GB, does a BAe nimrod qualify as a Hawker Siddley product? 

Indeed it does :D

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MarkSH said:

I'd like to have a go at this one as well please, several suitable subjects in the queue.

One of the reasons I initiated this GB proposal was the great variety of possible subjects available and suspect it has proved popular due to the number of us with suitable kits in the stash so you're most welcome to join in the fun Mark. Have you voted in the poll yet?

Yes I voted a while ago, not much strategy involved, just what I was interested in, I think I've settled on the Trumpeter Hawker Sea Hawk, its been whispering to me from the back of the stash for some time now!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MarkSH said:

Yes I voted a while ago, not much strategy involved, just what I was interested in, I think I've settled on the Trumpeter Hawker Sea Hawk, its been whispering to me from the back of the stash for some time now!

Listen to it as everything I've read about it sounds great ;) One of their better kits thankfully.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good morning

Now we need to knwo when to start this GB ..

Patrice

Patience my friend. Enzo's hard work is not done yet.