Hawker (Siddeley) GB Chat

Col.

• 3 weeks later...

Col.,

Am I late volunteering to build something like a Buccaneer?

This would be the set I would like to deal with.

20180409_182130.jpg

Regards,Laz

Edited by Tripio
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tripio said:

Col.,

Am I late volunteering to build something like a Buccaneer?

Regards,Laz

Never too late for a Buccaneer so long as you are confident of finishing it Laz. Please feel free to create a thread and get started any time you want :) 

A quick reminder to post five photos of your finshed models in the gallery once done gang. We've a great selection of Hawker and Hawker Siddeley products in there already but there's a few more due in and still time for the quick builders amongst us to get a thread going with some late entries ;) 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 5:31 PM, shatters said:

Where's @Col.?  He's seems to have gone AWOL. Shall we have a party while we're unsupervised ?

Phil

Sorry gang but life has been a little, how shall we say, busy? That coupled with not being able to log in due to my own stupidity resulted in you lot being left unattended but it doesn't look as if you've burnt the place down so we're doing okay 😉 Now if you'll excuse me I really need to catch up with all the good work that's been going on.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That's us now into our final week of this GB gang. There's already a great selection of finished models in the gallery and a couple more getting close to hopefully joining before the deadline so I think we've done a fine job of representing a good selection of Hawker and Hawker Siddeley products.

Great and super productive GB!

Not so much for my Hunters unfortunately... thanks @Col. for the vast amount of help and for being a great host!

Hope to finish them soon, you will see it here first 😉

• Like 1

Thanks to you all for taking part and making this GB happen. It's been great fun and you've all made it worthwhile and a very rewarding experience :thumbsup:

11 hours ago, exdraken said:

Great and super productive GB!

Not so much for my Hunters unfortunately... thanks @Col. for the vast amount of help and for being a great host!

Hope to finish them soon, you will see it here first 😉

Was a pleasure to help Werner and you've made great progress on the Hunters, particularly so with that kit requiring so much work to get the best from, I'm looking forward to watching your continued progress.

I'll get the poll set up over the next few days as there's a big gallery to work through :D 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Knight_Flyer said:

Thanks for the GB and hosting. Was hoping for a break after finishing the the Tiffie, alas... straight onto resuming another GB model... didn't get the timing right on that one :work: :viking:

These GBs really are addictive :lol: 

• Like 1

While thinking on how to set out the poll I had a count up on various aspects of the subjects within the finished gallery so, here for your idle perusal, are some facts and figures:

Of the 51 models there were 24 jets and 27 prop driven subjects. Almost all were monoplanes apart from John D.C. Masters' Hart biplane.

The 72nd scale or smaller kits totalled 37 while there were 14 in 48th scale or above. Of there CliffB's 200th scale HS.125 was the smallest and Erwin's 24th scale Hurricane the largest. Quite a range I'm sure you'll agree.

The Harrier proved to be the most popular single subject with 15 examples finished while the Hurricane was second favourite with 11, third place went to the Tempest at 7 with the Typhoon close behind on 6, the Hunter had 4, there was 2 each of the Hawk and Sea Fury, then single examples of the HS.125, Hart, Buccaneer, and Sea Hawk.

Quite a fitting tribute to the Hawker company and a whole load of fun I hope you'll all agree.

• Like 3

Finally finished the Novo Hunter, great GB, sorry I missed the gallery, but the range and standard of builds in there is exceptional. Well done everyone especially our hosts for a brilliant GB.

cheers Pat

• Thanks 1

Ladies and gentlemen, the poll is now open, please feel free to cast your votes before the end of the month :D