Hawker (Siddeley) GB Chat

Col.

4 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Hi Col

Forgive my very later application to join this GB. 

I have the Formaplane Hawker Henley Vacform kit, apologies if lots of other people are also building the same aircraft ;)

cheers Pat

I doubt very much that will be the case. :D

• Haha 1

Sign me up, nothing in the stash as the moment, most likely be Airfix's new Sea Fury or an Eduard Tempest if I can get my hands on one to go with my existing Hurricane and Typhoon.  Maybe an inter war bird like the Fury as well if time permits.

On 24/12/2017 at 5:38 PM, JOCKNEY said:

Hi Col

Forgive my very later application to join this GB. 

I have the Formaplane Hawker Henley Vacform kit, apologies if lots of other people are also building the same aircraft ;)

cheers Pat

Never to late for joining in the fun Pat :D Well not 'til it's finished anyway. Nice choice of subject and a unique one for this GB I'd say.

1 hour ago, Blitz23 said:

Sign me up, nothing in the stash as the moment, most likely be Airfix's new Sea Fury or an Eduard Tempest if I can get my hands on one to go with my existing Hurricane and Typhoon.  Maybe an inter war bird like the Fury as well if time permits.

No Hawkers in the stash!?! Get all three at least as soon as you can to cure that lack! ;) The Eduard Tempest isn't a great kit and will hopefully be replaced by something far better soon but the Fury and Sea Fury are rather nice kits.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Col. said:

Never to late for joining in the fun Pat :D Well not 'til it's finished anyway. Nice choice of subject and a unique one for this GB I'd say.

No Hawkers in the stash!?! Get all three at least as soon as you can to cure that lack! ;) The Eduard Tempest isn't a great kit and will hopefully be replaced by something far better soon but the Fury and Sea Fury are rather nice kits.

I know I've been waiting for the Sea Fury but as it was delayed a Tamiya Beaufighter got put on the Christmas list instead.  I'll probably wait out on the Tempest as I've heard Eduard are working on a new tooling, really would like a Mk II.

Just now, Blitz23 said:

I know I've been waiting for the Sea Fury but as it was delayed a Tamiya Beaufighter got put on the Christmas list instead.  I'll probably wait out on the Tempest as I've heard Eduard are working on a new tooling, really would like a Mk II.

Tamiya's Beau is a lovely kit as it comes and doesn't need much to correct it's minor inaccuracies if they annoy you so good choice sir :D Which version did you get?

I'd heard that as well and would dearly love the Mk.II as well. It'd look great next to the Airfix Sea Fury when they eventually get here.

5 minutes ago, Blitz23 said:

I'll probably wait out on the Tempest as I've heard Eduard are working on a new tooling, really would like a Mk II.

The (old) Eduard Tempest can be converted to a Mk.II if you chuck a lot of resin at it.

6 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

The (old) Eduard Tempest can be converted to a Mk.II if you chuck a lot of resin at it.

It can also be made to look like a good model of a Tempest V with loads of work :( Much easier with a new kit to Eduard's current standards ;)

1 hour ago, Col. said:

Tamiya's Beau is a lovely kit as it comes and doesn't need much to correct it's minor inaccuracies if they annoy you so good choice sir :D Which version did you get?

I'd heard that as well and would dearly love the Mk.II as well. It'd look great next to the Airfix Sea Fury when they eventually get here.

I got the Mk VI, desert boxing, I believe the box art is a Malta based aircraft.  Tempted to do a nightfighter version though, guess I decide when I close remotely close to clearing the backlog on my bench.  

1 hour ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Nice job Enzo, big fan if the scheme you chose too :yes:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CamberrySauce said:

Count me in! :D I've got unbuilt airfix 1/48 Hurricane sitting on my workbench so this is a great motive to start it! :)

Excellent :) I think the Hurricane will prove to be a popular subject but that's no bad thing in my opinion :D 

• Like 1

Looks like the Airfix Sea Fury release has been put back umntil February :(  That's cutting it fine for inclusion in this GB.

If the Sea Fury isn't out in time, I might have a go at a Hawker Tornado in 1/72.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Looks like the Airfix Sea Fury release has been put back umntil February :(  That's cutting it fine for inclusion in this GB.

If the Sea Fury isn't out in time, I might have a go at a Hawker Tornado in 1/72.

These damned boats sail too slowly :( 

At least Hawker produced a good selection of different types for us to choose from and I like the sound of your choice Enzo :) 

9 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

Hi Col, Can i jump in with the airfix 1/72 Hawker Typhoon please....found him lurking in the new year stash check this morning//

You most certainly can :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

The announcement of the new Hunter kit in 48th by Airfix will, alas, see it arrive at the wrong half of the year for this GB so hopefully their Sea Fury will be here in good time. Meanwhile I keep thinking this a good opportunity to tackle the Hobbycraft rendition of the latter and all the extras stuffed into it's box :hmmm: 

We are now within a month of this GB starting so time to get the benches cleared and stash inspected ;) 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Col. said:

We are now within a month of this GB starting so time to get the benches cleared and stash inspected

I'm still one or two weeks away from finishing my Dornier Do-24, which is my entry to the Flying Boats and Float Planes GB and, as usual, won't be finished in time. After that I'd like to try and finally finish my Royal Navy Phantom, which was started in June 2015 (I know... I know...), before the start of the Hawker GB.

Looking forward to the GB, as I wan't to build my first Harrier GR.3!

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 1

I'm still considering options.....

The first post states Hawker designed aircraft.  Would that exclude the HS.125 and the Buccaneer then?  An AV8A would be OK presumably?

It's all good fun :D!

Cliff

• Like 1

1. Col I have now completed my house build so can resume modelling - the Hawker GB gives me a lot of options from the stash- from a SCW Fury to HS748, but maybe thinking of the Classic Airframes Seahawk right now so please add me to the list on this build - oh yes I need to locate said item now!
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, jrlx said:

I'm still one or two weeks away from finishing my Dornier Do-24, which is my entry to the Flying Boats and Float Planes GB and, as usual, won't be finished in time. After that I'd like to try and finally finish my Royal Navy Phantom, which was started in June 2015 (I know... I know...), before the start of the Hawker GB.

Looking forward to the GB, as I wan't to build my first Harrier GR.3!

Cheers

Jaime

I'm sure we can excuse you to get that RN Phantom done before joining us ;) 

3 hours ago, CliffB said:

I'm still considering options.....

The first post states Hawker designed aircraft.  Would that exclude the HS.125 and the Buccaneer then?  An AV8A would be OK presumably?

It's all good fun :D!

Cliff

We're including anything designed, built, or branded Hawker and Hawker Siddeley during it's service so the HS.125 and Bucc are fine as well as any others such as the Nimrod along with any of the tin-wing Harrier family :) 

1 hour ago, Jpthedog said:
  1. Col I have now completed my house build so can resume modelling - the Hawker GB gives me a lot of options from the stash- from a SCW Fury to HS748, but maybe thinking of the Classic Airframes Seahawk right now so please add me to the list on this build - oh yes I need to locate said item now!

Having built a house I'm sure a Classic Airframes kit will give you no trouble at all :lol: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Hmm, with my B-52 stuck untill I can find a way of attaching the wing (a more complex job than it sounds) it looks like I may not be able to join in with the nimrod, I will be getting myself a harrier GR3 to do anyway, but I'm guessing a Shar1 doesn't qualify? 

A SHAR.1 or 2 is fine by me. The line between HS and BAe is a bit blurred around that time so I'm allowing any of the first generation Harrier into this GB. Same goes for the Hawk.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Col. said:

A SHAR.1 or 2 is fine by me. The line between HS and BAe is a bit blurred around that time so I'm allowing any of the first generation Harrier into this GB. Same goes for the Hawk.

Excellent, I have a spare frs1 in the stash, and with the fa2 being reissued next month I can see both being done.......might even do a hawk as well

• Like 1