Junkers Ju 87 Stuka STGB Chat

Basilisk

On 12/31/2019 at 1:00 PM, Marklo said:

I'm in, I have a 1/48JU87A in the post which will be finished as a Japanese JU87Z.

That is an interesting marking option.

On 1/2/2020 at 9:04 PM, Adam Poultney said:

Well I've still not found an Airfix Ju87 in 1/72 anywhere.... So it's now down to a zvezda 1/72 or Airfix 1/48 I think...

Indeed difficult to get in the UK, but not so in other parts of the world. But your suggested alternative will be great as well.

17 hours ago, jean said:

Hi @Basilisk

I have tried to ignore this GB for yonks, as I still work on the GB kits I enter centuries later...

But the Gods have been unkind and blackmailed me into buying the Airfix 1/72 Ju 87 B-1... I did resist! ...for a short while...

So I might as well be a total weakling and ask you to put my name on the list.

It is not an original kit, but it is  a lovely kit, and I know I will thoroughly enjoy what little I build!!!

Cheers

JR

Good to see that you weren't successful in ignoring this GB. No need to put your name on the list as this GB is a go.

15 hours ago, JohnT said:

Boys and Girls

I am not sure if this has been noted before but I was having a few issues and a ponder in planning my build ahead of the starting gun.  The cockpit was troubling me and I was searching the net for information.

I came across theses references on WW2aircraft.net which are the original service and manuals in German  plus other interesting stuff

Lots of photos, diagrams of bits rarely if ever seen and if you need to have a wiring diagram for the electrics with voltages in German its all there plus a shed load of stuff I cant understand but I assume is not what the crew get to eat for breakfast.  Looks like one booklet is on how to bomb up your own Stuka.

Anyway have a butchers at this and any comments on what "stuff" is most welcome

http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/other-mechanical-systems-tech/junkers-ju-87-manuals-5504.html#post476295

Lots of links from that thread

Hope it helps some of you too

John

Great link John :thumbsup: Indeed difficult to get pictures of the early (A/B/R) cockpits and your link had some nice information in that!

14 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

You and me both ? They must be getting ready to drop a new marking’s option as they're all dried up. Airfix tends to do that from what ive seen. 

12 hours ago, Adam Poultney said:

Same for the He111 I think. That seems to have vanished too...

What I want is either Eastern front schemes with white camouflage or more desert schemes on both

Looks like Airfix kit are now all "Limited Editions" :shrug:

Not long to go now.

Cheers, Peter

Edited by Basilisk
  • Like 1

I acquired this 1/48 Stuka from my dad's stash and would like to join the fun:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Rather tempted to go with the winter scheme - but on the other hand, I'm a fan of splinter type schemes. Hard choices!

Edited by reini
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, Sturmovik said:

Can anyone tell me when does this GB ends?

12 April if the header to the topic is right. Mind you it could go on till Christmas at the end of the year and I bet I am still working on my cockpit. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JohnT said:

12 April if the header to the topic is right. Mind you it could go on till Christmas at the end of the year and I bet I am still working on my cockpit. 

I forgot to read the full title, silly me.

I'm in for this one - I've got a Revell 1/72 Ju87 B2/R2 that I've had in the stash for a while and this is the perfect opportunity to make a start on it. I'm also a big fan of the type and to date I don't have one built in my collection so really want to get this done

• Like 2

On 1/4/2020 at 5:31 AM, reini said:

I acquired this 1/48 Stuka from my dad's stash and would like to join the fun:

spacer.png

Rather tempted to go with the winter scheme - but on the other hand, I'm a fan of splinter type schemes. Hard choices!

Nice to see the Hasegawa kit being built in this GB.

On 1/4/2020 at 10:39 AM, planecrazee said:

I'm in for this one - I've got a Revell 1/72 Ju87 B2/R2 that I've had in the stash for a while and this is the perfect opportunity to make a start on it. I'm also a big fan of the type and to date I don't have one built in my collection so really want to get this done

Looks indeed a great opportunity to add a Stuka to your collection.

So we made it into the "Current Group Builds" and get going for good in less than a week. V-P kindly composed the rules page  - so it looks we are all set :thumbsup:

Cheers, Peter

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just noticed this GB... and then I noted that I havn't had a Stuka at all... not even in the stash!!

So not sure if I should change that...

Probably I'd be most interested in a Legion condor one, or if that fails obe from the Stukaschule supposedly based in Graz?

Any suggestions?

I really do not have a lot of clue here...

Is the Airfix kit worth it?

1/48 of course...

Thanks!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, exdraken said:

I just noticed this GB... and then I noted that I havn't had a Stuka at all... not even in the stash!!

Probably I'd be most interested in a Legion condor one, or if that fails obe from the Stukaschule supposedly based in Graz?

Any suggestions?

1/48 of course...

Thanks!

Oh you should definitely get one Werner, every collection needs at least one!

And yes the Airfix 1/48 new tool kits really do look very nice.

• Thanks 1

On 03/01/2020 at 20:34, modelling minion said:

Do the winter one as it has some of the original splinter visible so you get the best of both worlds!

Good point. I think I will go that route. And I think I need to do full splinter scheme anyway - as I would imagine the white paint didn't stay on very well and the original scheme would shine thru. Good opportunity  to do some weathering, maybe play around with Vallejo Chipping medium. 

18 hours ago, reini said:

Good point. I think I will go that route. And I think I need to do full splinter scheme anyway - as I would imagine the white paint didn't stay on very well and the original scheme would shine thru. Good opportunity  to do some weathering, maybe play around with Vallejo Chipping medium. 

I can heartily recommend Mig's "temporary white finish" as I have had pretty good results from it;

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

I can heartily recommend Mig's "temporary white finish" as I have had pretty good results from it;

Thanks for the tip, looks really good! I'll see if my local Hobby store has it, they just added Mig weathering products to their selection.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2020 at 2:56 AM, exdraken said:

Any suggestions?

1/48 of course...

Thanks!

I think you should change that! I would love to see a Stukaschule build.

11 hours ago, wimbledon99 said:

Hi Peter / V-P,

Could I join with the following please?

Of course you can, just get started with your WIP.

Cheers, Peter

• Like 1

Today is the day we can get going :thumbsup: It is great to see so many entries already and a nice variation of types and schemes it is:clap2:What is still missing are Stukas from Bulgaria, Romania and captured aircraft - Anyone having a go at them?

Wishing you all lots of fun in building your Stukas which hopefully make it into the Gallery.

Cheers, Peter

• Like 2

16 hours ago, John D.C. Masters said:

Italy too...

I don't think so as there will be several builds for Italian Stukas

14 hours ago, stevej60 said:

I've put a sneaky bid in on a Heller Stuka on a certain site we'll see what happens:winkgrin:

A Heller build would be nice.

4 hours ago, Greg Law said:

It's interesting that earlier in the thread the boys were commenting on how far ahead this GB was planned. Some said it was scary. Now it is here it is really scary...... Where did the time go.....

And the older you get the faster the time moves :(

Cheers, Peter

• Like 5