Junkers Ju 87 Stuka STGB Chat

Basilisk

I totally forgot about this proposition and it was great to see that three additional Britmodellers joined the list. So many thanks to  Valkyrie, Corsairfoxfouruncle and jrlx. But we still need eight more to make this STGB a reality.

As the Stuka is such an iconic aircraft and with some great kits available, why not join the fun!

Cheers, Peter

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
On 6/9/2018 at 3:59 PM, CliffB said:

I've just picked up a 1/100 scale Stuka on eBay, so count me in too please!

Thanks

Cliff

Thanks for joining Cliff. Looks like 1/100 scale is becoming your favored scale. Didn't even know there is a Stuka in this scale.

On 6/9/2018 at 8:45 PM, Mottlemaster said:

Can you add me to the list

Thanks

Alistair

Of course I can Alistair :thumbsup:

Six more needed on the list, so don't hold back.

Cheers, Peter

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Basilisk said:

Thanks for joining Cliff. Looks like 1/100 scale is becoming your favored scale. Didn't even know there is a Stuka in this scale.

Thanks Peter.  Yes, I'm well and truly bitten by the 1/100 scale bug at the moment.  To my knowledge there at least two 1/100 scale Stukas out there - Faller released one in the 1950's and I've got the more modern Eldon kit (which is only 51 years old :)).

Ju87B-Box-Top.jpg

• Like 1

I really shouldn’t sign up for another GB but what the heck!?

Nothing suitable in the stash but that’s easily remedied as long as it’s done on the QT!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've just discovered this thread, and was up in the loft a couple of days ago and found an Airfix Gladiator and JU87R-2 'Dogfight Double' forgot I had, so count me in!

Davey.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2018 at 11:50 PM, CliffB said:

Thanks Peter.  Yes, I'm well and truly bitten by the 1/100 scale bug at the moment.  To my knowledge there at least two 1/100 scale Stukas out there - Faller released one in the 1950's and I've got the more modern Eldon kit (which is only 51 years old :)).

Never heard about Eldon kits before, so learned something new :)

On 6/20/2018 at 1:13 AM, MarkSH said:

I really shouldn’t sign up for another GB but what the heck!?

Nothing suitable in the stash but that’s easily remedied as long as it’s done on the QT!

Welcome aboard Mark. I am sure you will manage to sneak an Airfix Stuka into your hobby room / corner - it is just another red box :winkgrin:

13 hours ago, DaveyGair said:

I've just discovered this thread, and was up in the loft a couple of days ago and found an Airfix Gladiator and JU87R-2 'Dogfight Double' forgot I had, so count me in!

Davey.

Thanks for joining Davey. Your Ju 87R would look great in this GB :thumbsup:

Cheers, Peter

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

How is this coming along? Looking to purchase my Stuka, 1/72 new tool airfix, or any experiences with the Zvezda? Or is there a must have one?

thanks

On 7/13/2018 at 3:34 AM, Valkyrie said:

How is this coming along? Looking to purchase my Stuka, 1/72 new tool airfix, or any experiences with the Zvezda? Or is there a must have one?

thanks

Still four names needed on the list to get this proposal over the line. But this shouldn't stop you from building a Stuka. The new Airfix kit is a very nice kit and the builds I have seen look very good. I don't know the Zvezda kit so I can't say anything about it.

Cheers, Peter

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stew Dapple said:

Count me in with an Airfix B-1 please Peter...

I've not bought it yet, so I can't compare it to the Zvezda B-2 which I do have, but here's a review of the Zvezda kit @Valkyrie

Cheers,

Stew

Pleasure to do so Stew. Only three more names needed on the list. Better start thinking which kit to build - plenty to choose from in my stash. :)

Cheers, Peter

6 hours ago, Stew Dapple said:

Count me in with an Airfix B-1 please Peter...

I've not bought it yet, so I can't compare it to the Zvezda B-2 which I do have, but here's a review of the Zvezda kit @Valkyrie

Cheers,

Stew

Thanks Stew, is there a link to click? I do fancy a Zvezda kit. 

So is that 3 to go? Roll up roll up...

12 minutes ago, Stew Dapple said:

Sorry mate, early onset senility I guess, the link is here

Cheers,

Stew

Happens to us all lad. Thanks for the review, I think I might with the zvezda actually 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Must still be many Stuka fans left to add their names to get this one into the vote? Iconic, effective, many theatres and schemes...I’ve got at least one to do...

• Like 1

Common guys!!! Just three to go. Than this can get a date for this STGB. 

There must be aome Stuka's lying around in the stash. I know I have got about five or six. 

And you can buold it in your favorite scale. I know there are some in 1/144, 1/72, 1/48, 1/32, 1/24.

So please sign up. I think it will be worth it. 

Cheers,

• Like 3

On 7/30/2018 at 11:09 PM, Arniec said:

Common guys!!! Just three to go. Than this can get a date for this STGB. 

There must be aome Stuka's lying around in the stash. I know I have got about five or six. 

And you can buold it in your favorite scale. I know there are some in 1/144, 1/72, 1/48, 1/32, 1/24.

So please sign up. I think it will be worth it. 

Cheers,

Five or six in the stash, you should build them all. I’m going to do a few if this gets the vote 

• Like 1

Thanks Vakyrie and Arniec for giving this STGB proposal a bit of a bump.

On 8/2/2018 at 7:43 AM, Valkyrie said:

Five or six in the stash, you should build them all. I’m going to do a few if this gets the vote 

Unfortunately multiple builds from the same member don't add to the count. :( Maybe the Ju 87 just isn't as popular as I thought.

But I have to say that the votes for GBs and STGBs don't mean much.

Have a look at the Me 262 STGB which is finishing tomorrow. It got 33 names (votes) on the list, so it looked like a well supported STGB. But there are only 18 builds in this STGB from 16 Britmodellers and only SIX of them have their name on the list - In other words, only 6 of the 33 actually participated in the STGB which is a bit disappointing :hmmm:

On the other hand, 10 Britmodellers whose name aren't on the list participated on the Me 262 STGB which is nearly twice as many of the participants from the list. :clap2:

Cheers, Peter

50 minutes ago, Basilisk said:

Thanks Vakyrie and Arniec for giving this STGB proposal a bit of a bump.

Unfortunately multiple builds from the same member don't add to the count. :( Maybe the Ju 87 just isn't as popular as I thought.

But I have to say that the votes for GBs and STGBs don't mean much.

Have a look at the Me 262 STGB which is finishing tomorrow. It got 33 names (votes) on the list, so it looked like a well supported STGB. But there are only 18 builds in this STGB from 16 Britmodellers and only SIX of them have their name on the list - In other words, only 6 of the 33 actually participated in the STGB which is a bit disappointing :hmmm:

On the other hand, 10 Britmodellers whose name aren't on the list participated on the Me 262 STGB which is nearly twice as many of the participants from the list. :clap2:

Cheers, Peter

I want this GB so much I’m going to get my wife and a couple of pals to create accounts on BM and vote 😊

I see what you mean re votes and GBs STGBs, I suppose there is nothing to stop me building my Stukas on my own but I only really build models through BM GBs so I can follow and learn from everyone else. I look at my first GB and can see from then till now how much i have improved.. all down to BM and the GBs.

Is there a nearly 30 votes so we get into the vote by default?

What is a build portfolio of experience and knowledge without a Stuka....

• Like 2

On 04/08/2018 at 10:30, Valkyrie said:

Is there a nearly 30 votes so we get into the vote by default

That's not the way that STGBs work.  It's a simple first past the post system for STGBs.  Get the required number of people interested and you're in, no voting required. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

That's not the way that STGBs work.  It's a simple first past the post system for STGBs.  Get the required number of people interested and you're in, no voting required. 

Thanks Enzo, hopefully some stragglers will sign up 

• 2 weeks later...