Junkers Ju 87 Stuka STGB Chat

Basilisk

With a bit more room here, I was thinking about suitable types for a STGB. One aircarft type which crossed my mind was the Junkers Ju 87 Stuka. There are great kits out there in all the scales and an upcoming new release from Airfix in 1/48 :) and I couldn't see it listed in the completed GB listing, so it looks like it was never done before.

Also the type flew from the Spanish Civil War up to the end of WWII and was operated in many different colour schemes by all the Axis Air Forces plus captured examples.

And with its 3.7 cm canons, it was the closest thing to a flying tank. ;)

Any takers to put the name on the list?

1. Basilisk (Host)

2. Arniec

3. Caerbannog

4. jrlx

5. SimonT

6. Knight_Flyer

7. John

8. Black Knight

9. franky boy

10. vppelt68 (co-Host)

11. GREG DESTEC

12. modelling minion

13. Sgt.Squarehead

14. SleeperService

15. Valkyrie

16. Corsairfoxfouruncle

17. jrlx

18. CliffB

19. Mottlemaster

20. MarkSH

21. DaveyGair

22. Stew Dapple

23. Greg Law

24. Niknak

25. Silonez

Strange subject for me. From my point of view it is buttugly, has poor performance, from the completely wrong operator. I cannot say I like it but for some strange reason I think it is an interesting aircraft and even I got one in stash: 1:48, Revell box, Verlinden update set and replacement decals from Topcolours.
So yes - I would be interested :-)

René

• Like 1

Count me in. I still have to buy one but this GB would be a good excuse :D Also, I've always had a fascination for the Stuka.

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 1

After all, I already have Academy's1/72 Stuka "Kanonenvogel" in the stash. Anyway, I've been eyeing Airfix's 1/72 new tool and Tamyia's Stukas. Any opinions on these?

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 1

I have been trying very hard to ignore this.

Signing up for a GB in 2018 when its not even '17 yet?!?

yeah count me in.

I have a few kits now; probably still have them to build in '18 at the rate I'm building at right now

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jrlx said:

After all, I already have Academy's1/72 Stuka "Kanonenvogel" in the stash. Anyway, I've been eyeing Airfix's 1/72 new tool and Tamyia's Stukas. Any opinions on these?

Cheers

Jaime

Hi Jaime, the Airfix kit is really nice and offers all the detail you could ask for in 1/72. The Tamiyas are reboxings of another manufacturer, I can't remember which. Cheers Greg

• Like 2

Great response so far and the list is already growing!

19 hours ago, Caerbannog said:

Strange subject for me. From my point of view it is buttugly, has poor performance, from the completely wrong operator. I cannot say I like it but for some strange reason I think it is an interesting aircraft and even I got one in stash: 1:48, Revell box, Verlinden update set and replacement decals from Topcolours.
So yes - I would be interested :-)

René

She certainly isn't a beauty queen, but butt ugly is a bit harsh on the old girl. What I find amazing is that the type managed to solder on until the end of WWII and finding niches it actually didn't too bad .

13 hours ago, SimonT said:

Count me in, I have a hasegawa tank buster plus I want to convert a C to naval and have the wings folded and torpedo underneath!

I totally forgot that there was also a naval variant.

9 hours ago, Black Knight said:

I have been trying very hard to ignore this.

Signing up for a GB in 2018 when its not even '17 yet?!?

yeah count me in.

I have a few kits now; probably still have them to build in '18 at the rate I'm building at right now

Maybe more like 2019 :( But in case we are getting 25 interested members on the list, we may make it still into 2018 :)

Greg, are you interested in this GB?

2 hours ago, GREG DESTEC said:

Hi Jaime, the Airfix kit is really nice and offers all the detail you could ask for in 1/72. The Tamiyas are reboxings of another manufacturer, I can't remember which. Cheers Greg

Yes, the Airfix kit looks rather tasty in the box. The Tamiyas are reboxings of the Italeri kits.

Cheers, Peter

• Like 3

3 hours ago, franky boy said:

Im in. I don't have a Stuka in the cabinet.

James

Hopefully this will change in 2018 !

3 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

I must sign in on this and build a Gefechtsverband Kuhlmey I/SG 3 Ju 87 D-5 from The Isthmus in 1944... finally! Great idea, Peter, you need a co-host btw? Regards, V-P

Glad you like the idea. Yes a co-host would be great and I appreciate you are willing to take it on.

3 hours ago, GREG DESTEC said:

Ah...you've got me thinking about Stukas now, and with a few in the stash, I can't say no! Sign me up please.

Cheers Greg^_^

Glad you decided to join.

Would be great if another 14 members decide to join so that me may make it into a 2018 STGB slot.

Cheers, Peter

• 1 month later...
On 26/01/2017 at 3:43 AM, SleeperService said:

I've missed this but would like to join. I hope the Airfix 1/48 B-2 is out in time as I'd really like to do a non-Luftwaffe one. I need to see if anybody else got B-1s I suppose. Hmm...

Welcome aboard SleeperService. With a bit of luck we may get the list of 25 together bu 2020, so you should be fine with a B-2.

Cheers, Peter

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Im thinking of a night raiding stuka on the Eastern front with the long exhausts and blacked out markings. So go ahead count me in 👍

PS - Since I built the night Raider for the Mediterranean group build. I will do either a B.o.B. Stuka, desert stuka, or an eastern front stuka in whitewash.

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1

Since I've signed in to the list I've purchased two Airfix Stukas: the BoB boxing and the latest boxing with the desert scheme. So, I have now three options to choose from :)

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 1