New Pocher Builder

Asat

Hi, name is Lou, I just received my first Pocher kit, an Alfa Romero Spider Touring ..... I have also ordered a Lambo Aventador roadster in white. I was first attracted to the Lambo, after building a few wooden ship models I wanted to work in a larger scale and was really enthused by the motor and suspension detail. I actually bought the Lambo first and after looking for build threads on the Lambo I became intrigued by the posts and builds of Codger, Roy, Endeavor, and a host of others which of course led to the purchase of the Alfa. (Just love the chassis/motor detail)

It just so happened that the Alfa arrived first, and it appears to be complete (waiting for the koo CD) and I thought it was a reasonable deal, ( both for less than the cost of the Lambo on some sites - is it appropriate to post eBay prices?) guess that will be decided as I get into the build. I would love any input and advise as to which Model Motorcar pieces are considered essential (or at least cost effective) and as my experience in modeling to date is mostly wooden ship building (a few plastic models in my earlier days) I would appreciate any input along the way.... Including which to build first although my heart says it loves the classic pocher kit subjects and panache. In fact, I still want to get a Merc or a Roller but I feel I am well equipped for now.

One item that leads me to thinking I should start with the Lambo is paint, I have virtually no experience with model painting but I do have a creative wife that supports my hobbies and a small business and she is a pretty good with an airbrush.... http://griffwerks.com/index.html (I do the design and electronics/flight testing/production processes) 

anyway, I really resonate and identify with you guy's passion and desire to create and I hope I can "join the ranks" of your awesome and dedicated quests for beauty.  This is the start of my journey....... one step at a time right? 

Well, sorry for the long post, and I know you guys have probably heard all this before...... just let me say that your builds have inspired me to try, to follow what you make look so easy although I know the key is not to be satisfied with less than the vision you set out to accomplish, no matter how long it takes to get there..... thank you for sharing your creativity with me.....     Lou

Lou

Edited by Asat

Welcome Lou; great to have another Pocher builder signing up. David (Endeavor) and Wayne (Larchiefeng) are currently in deep advanced builds of Alfas which will be most useful to you. Roymattblack has built a beauty which you should study too. The tips in the Volvo truck, Bugatti, Mercedes and Rolls builds are a wealth of help.

Your lady certainly does a great job with the airbrush. However applying gloss automotive finishes is a steep learning curve compared to the graphics-style paint she knows. There are also a wealth of paint tips in the Pocher and 1/12 scale builds by the very talented big-scale guys here.

Jump in and ask questions if you need to.

C

Welcome to the nut-house!

As Mr C says - jump in and ask anything.

We're all still 'learning' where Pocher kits are concerned as I don't think the factory ever made one (the classic models) that really 'worked', so effectively every kit is different.

One person will find parts X, Y & Z fit together perfectly.

Someone else will find the same parts a total nightmare!

My own Spider is here if it helps:

Get posting, and let's see the Aventador too at some time.

Again, I've built that one but I won't post links as I don't want to overly hijack your thread.

Roy.

• Like 1

As i am not a Pocher builder (yet), it is not my place to welcome you here, although i say welcome to the Forum.

Just wanted to say i know exactly how you must have felt before jumping in and purchasing your first Pocher.

i am indeed very happy for you to have made the step and specially for having purchased the Alfa (and of course the Lambo).

It is great that you joined this Forum as i believe the most creative, ingenuous and technically apt Pocher builders are here.

Since a few months, I have a placed an order for the 300 Gullwing Merc.  - if they ever produce it.

But i also dream of an old classic. Who knows. 

Looking forward to follow this build.  Enjoy !!

Sam

Wow, thanks you guys for the welcome and the encouragement- I already found the tourque limit of the 290 screw - 😀nothing a little CA couldn't fix.... I do have a question on assembling the motor halfs, I followed the instructions and attached the lower intake manifold where it shows to but then saw that there is a fastener right behind the lower manifold on the r/h sidle (atop the supercharger?) - can I do without that fastener or should I disassemble and modify the lower manifold to attach after adding that screw? Seems to me the other fasteners should do the job but I will defer to the experience of the masters.... will add pics soon.....

Lou

Welcome Lou, I will be following your builds closely.

Can't help you yet with how to post pictures. Haven't done it myself. There is a tutorial though on the forum.

You'll find it here: