Wessie 5, part of my threesome now on its lonesome....

moaning dolphin

21 hours ago, Colin W said:

You deliberately stuck it to your fluffy jumper! Wow! what did your wife say about that? 

Sounds  extremely dangerous to me. I've been in real trouble accidentally sticking things to my clothes. 

Colin w

After some very expensive mistakes I have a 'special' sacrificial jumper that doesn't matter what gets stuck to it

20161228_191550_zps2wmbdsvc.jpg

Now just have to find my missing half of the fuselage........

In the meantime I have done more work on the innards. I made up some plywood freight floor from plastic card, painted brown and coated with clear orange. Unfortunately this was syrup like and needed a good sanding to Level it. I fitted the seats and harnesses from the eduard etch and then added the bulkheads. Finally for this bit I slipped in a brass rod for seat back hanger. 

20161227_191917_zpsnvmfqxxw.jpg

I used pastels to dirty the floor and added a few dirty footprints from mucky booties! This was all given a coat of Matt to dull it all and seal in the colours.

20161227_191921_zpsifbyfgxj.jpg

I also added a foil curtain for the back bulkhead and added a fire extinguisher for the front.

Next was the roof and cockpit. The cockpit floor was give a bit of a dusting and a dry brush. The roof of the cabin was painted black for the transmission deck. The reason being that it will be all closed up and only visible through the mesh so I need a dark background to highlight the small amount of detail that will be going in.

20161227_191932_zpsthrrktrb.jpg

A few extra details were added to the internal wall such as wiring and heating ducts and the given a dirty wash. The flash does exaggerate the effects but in reality it is slot more refined

20161227_191945_zpsmdajf3c2.jpg

20161227_192859_zpscfzk8tra.jpg

The top was then fitted to the cabin, unfortunately I am missing a small triangular bit that fits between the front bulkhead and floor of the cockpit. I have checked everywhere and can't find it so may have to knock up a scratch one or maybe have another look through my jumper........

Laters! 

Bob

Edited by moaning dolphin
  • Like 2

On Thursday, December 29, 2016 at 5:58 AM, noeyedears said:

i do like that wood flooring, very swish.

Why thank you :D

Just a wee bit more of an update. NEWSFLASH! Missing triangle doobry watsit has been located and was slapped in before I got round to losing it again!

20161230_134346_zpsaambl90t.jpg

It now has a mystery box attached as well to keep it in place. I want to add a bit more wiring in there but I need to do that during close up. I turned my attention to the transmission deck. This will be closed up (I've seen @hendie attempt to have it open, an excellent attempt was made but far too much for me on a group build!) so will resemble a deep black hole. But seeing as it will be topped with mesh some parts could be picked out. I don't want to go too ott so a lot will be highlighted with careful painting. I chopped up the oil cooler frame and simplified it, added a drive shaft (I know there is already one molded in but it doesn't look right or go far enough) I will add a couple of fan belts and also a hydraulic reservoir.  All this will be painted to contrast the black which I hope will make it visible under the mesh. I may also add some silver piping (black piping wouldn't really work:hmmm:). I think I'll just leave it at that.......but then those servo Jack's look plain and they would be visible.......:boom:

20161230_134328_zpsrorq6u5u.jpg

Cheers now, and happy ne'ers to all

Bob 

Edited by moaning dolphin
  • Like 5

"I sees sleepery slopes all a'gettin' sleeperyer............"

Look just whip the panel off, slip a photo of H's transdeck inside by the mesh

pop on the panel again

breathe

Or better still don't steal my brilliant idea wot I just had and make all the gubbinses proper like

Yours already looks great, its coming on a treat

• Like 3

The interior looks great. Don't bother with any more details for the transmission as I have put the PE mesh on and you can't see anything through it at all. 

Colin w

• Like 1

Wow, this is looking like an outstanding build.  I built the matchbox 1/72 years ago and loved the aircraft and really fancy one of these 1/48 scale kits now.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't been able to work this for a good couple of weeks, due to my sons soccer (we call it soccer over here, when in Rome and all that!) 4 nights a week and a concerted push to get the 72 scale ones done in time I don't think this one will make the cut. I do want to spend a bit more time on it so this one will slip, but fear not if it doesn't make it I shall move it over to the WIP section and continue there in slow time. I'm not going to shelve it, I just don't want to rush it.

Cheers now

Bob

• Like 1

Soccer or not, good on yer Bob, Never having had kids, I didn't have to share my spare time with anyone but my good lady. However my sister had two boys who were soccer mad and my broses sons eldest has just started play in the under fourteens club league. So I can sympathise...

Good luck with the two 72nd builds.

Colin

• Like 1

Hmm sounds feasible  ;)

In fact its darned well reasonable, this needs looking after as you build it

(you won't be surprised if one or two of us gie ye a gentle nudge about it will you?, Just occasionally, as time goes by)

;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, perdu said:

(you won't be surprised if one or two of us gie ye a gentle nudge about it will you?, Just occasionally, as time goes by)

On the contrary I would be disappointed if you didn't! :D

• Like 1