CH-46 / KV-107 STGB Chat

modelling minion

On 1/19/2019 at 10:00 AM, modelling minion said:

This is a very nice sheet and has been in my stash since it was released.

And if you have a close look at option 3 you will see that it flew both with and without the large sponsons, it was operated by the JGSDF from Okinawa and the rather nice colour scheme was also used on UH-1's and MU-2's which were used for SAR from the island.

Don't know how, but I've zapped your answer.

This is good news!

Now I got my subject, time to get the decals.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nigel Heath said:

Thanks for the reminder about this, Hobby Boss kit now on order from Hannants. Now where did I put those decals?

I think we got the last two kits Nigel.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, milktrip said:

Ordered a kit.  

I'm going to try and attempt either

this one

or maybe this one

or I'll just go OOB.  Roll on March

Cheers

Aaron

Excellent news Aaron!

Two great choices for your build, though I suspect the Columbia Helicopters one will be much easier to do as it is ex-military and has the same windows as all the kits do (except for the blown side windows on the cockpit) whereas the New York one has a completely different window layout, and they are square as opposed to round.

6 hours ago, Nigel Heath said:

Thanks for the reminder about this, Hobby Boss kit now on order from Hannants. Now where did I put those decals?

Really glad that you are still with us on this one Nigel as I love your helicopter builds.

With both yourself and Aaron on board I think we have 2 of the best helicopter modellers in the BM community taking part, I think this will be an excellent GB and I'm looking forward to seeing all of the builds come together.

• Like 2

I didn't know that much about the CH-46 / KV-107 / CH-113 so while waiting for the STGB to start, I have been doing a bit of ferreting around on the interweb.

I quite fancy doing a Canadian machine, before the 1985 upgrade. Something like this:

47149325241_68f6b1c92b_b.jpgCH-113 Labrador_11308_1 

The pic above was scraped off Google Images but I couldn't see any copyright notice for it. 

The Air-Britain Photo Library has got some nice archive shots of the CH-113. I am posting a link as their pictures are copyright.

https://abpic.co.uk/pictures/view/1439477

Cheers

Richard

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, spruecutter said:

I didn't know that much about the CH-46 / KV-107 / CH-113 so while waiting for the STGB to start, I have been doing a bit of ferreting around on the interweb.

An excellent use of the time before the GB begins Richard!

And a nice couple of choices too, I'm leaning heavily towards a Canadian machine myself and a couple of others are going that way too so this should be a very colourful GB. I'm sure I've got the Belcher Bits decal sheet somewhere, I really must go and look for it!

2 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

If youre looking for votes i say option 1, the Red & White Columbia Helicopter 

I’m definitely swaying that way. Lots of references online.

• Like 2

Just had a very troubling evening, I went to check the schemes available on my Belcher bits sheet and guess what, it wasn't in the decal stash!!!! I then went on to check out everywhere I could think of and the more places I checked the higher the panic level rose to, I even checked the outdoor stash (where my Fujimi kits were stashed and have now brought them inside) all to no avail. In a final at of desperation I started to move anything and everything in the model room/ store room and at the very last moment they appeared from behind some boxes they had fallen behind, there now followed a celebratory lap of the house whilst brandishing my much prized decal sheet, which I am now off to fondle and stare at my sheet in a probably inappropriate manner.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

19 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Something like this then ?

Exactly like that!

44 minutes ago, Hewy said:

Is that out of the rear of the wardrobe in narnia😁

Went through the wardrobe and out the other side, thought that bloody thieving Faun Tumnus was up to his old tricks again but apparently it was just my stupidity.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm not going to be able to join in after all :( SleeperDad is in hospital and my right hand isn't up to speed yet. We're taking the opportunity to get his social housing house maintenance done so I'll be busy until end-March supervising and signing off the work my brother has organised.

On the bright side Swedish Decals may become available by the time I'm back at the bench.

• Sad 1