CH-46 / KV-107 STGB Chat

modelling minion

10 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Still trying to source something, i wont be quitting on that front.  

I'm in the same boat need to find a kit, heart set on Fujimi's "Hotel California" boxing if the price is right my fall back is seeing what I can do with

Airfix's Swedish  splinter scheme,by the way if anyone want's the decal sheet for Academy's D with the star's and stripe scheme I have a spare FOC.

Edited by stevej60

20 hours ago, Radleigh said:

I'm probably going to be pulling out, and actually selling my Academy 1/48th kit, will be listing soon in the for sale section. 

Change of plans, doing my AFF this year and need the funds.

Really sorry to hear that Radleigh as I was looking forward to seeing your fire-bomber version.

I totally understand your reasons though and wish you all the best.

19 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Still trying to source something, i wont be quitting on that front.  

Very pleased to hear that Dennis, hope you manage to source something soon.

18 hours ago, jrlx said:

I managed to buy a "as-new" Fujimi 1/72 CH-46E/F Sea Knight 'Tiger':

112052-11185-19-pristine.jpg

It came with Eduard's PE set, which was a very pleasant surprise :)

I'm not sure I'll manage to participate, as the GB will be during the last semester of my German course and I have a certification exam by the end of June, but I'll certainly do my best.

Cheers

Jaime

A very nice kit Jaime and the PE set is a real bonus, so I really hope that you are able to find the time to participate.

Craig.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bjorn said:

My decision is Academy's 1/48 KV-107-II in Swedish Air Force colours. I hope that aftermarket decals (they are in progress) will be released this spring.

That's great news! I really wanted to do a Swedish bird in the same scheme as the Airfix 1/72 offering of many years ago. I may have to go Canadian though. Not a bad second choice.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SleeperService said:

That's great news! I really wanted to do a Swedish bird in the same scheme as the Airfix 1/72 offering of many years ago. I may have to go Canadian though. Not a bad second choice.

A Canadian one isn't a bad second choice at all, still might be my choice.

5 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Kit ordered,Airfix's offering to be finished in the splinter scheme.

Steve you are a star, I'm really looking forward to your splinter scheme which knowing your build rate will be first in the gallery ;) .

14 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Steve you are a star, I'm really looking forward to your splinter scheme which knowing your build rate will be first in the gallery ;) 

Ha ha Cheer's Craig,I've been looking at the kit online as to be honest the last one I built must have been in the mid seventies,seems to

be riveted to death so I'm thinking of a total sand down and re-scribe of the major panel's.Decals on an online review of the boxing I 

ordered were way of register for the Swedish scheme which may be an issue too.

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 1

On the starting blocks with a 1/48th offering. I have a bull frog but wanted to do the earlier A model US Marines, so it’s a Gulf War 1 or a conversion to Columbia Helicopters one, need to get some decals done if that’s the case. Still time to change my mind though😉

• Like 1

On 2/3/2019 at 9:43 PM, modelling minion said:

Right then;

@milktrip, @Red Dot, @moaning dolphin, @Jabba, @jrlx, @Nigel Heath, @Knight_Flyer, @bootneck, @TrojanThunder, @Rodders, @andrew w, @Jessica, @Paul J, @Sabre_days, @zebra, @SimonT, @Stephen, @Squirrel19, @Antoine, @Radleigh, @spruecutter, @Covjets13, @Wafu, @Smudge, @Corsairfoxfouruncle, @Enzo Matrix, @Robertone139, @Bjorn, @Whirly, @andyf117, @stevej60, @Winnie, @SleeperService, @wimbledon99  The time for this GB is rapidly closing in on us so I thought I would give you a gentle 1 nudge to remind you that you only have 1 month to sort out your kits, decals and whatever other accessories you might need for your CH-46/KV-107.

Look forward to hearing from you all soon.

Craig.

Thanks for the nudge, Craig. A KV-107 is winging its way to me so I will definitely take part in this STGB. A first for me.

I also really like the look of that Print Scale sheet PSL72149.

Cheers

Richard

• Like 2

9 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Ha ha Cheer's Craig,I've been looking at the kit online as to be honest the last one I built must have been in the mid seventies,seems to

be riveted to death so I'm thinking of a total sand down and re-scribe of the major panel's.Decals on an online review of the boxing I 

ordered were way of register for the Swedish scheme which may be an issue too.

I think completely removing the raised rivets and re-scribing sounds like the way to go Steve.

Airfix decals did have a nasty habit of being out of register but you never could tell as some boxings were better than others, fingers crossed that yours will be okay.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Wafu said:

On the starting blocks with a 1/48th offering. I have a bull frog but wanted to do the earlier A model US Marines, so it’s a Gulf War 1 or a conversion to Columbia Helicopters one, need to get some decals done if that’s the case. Still time to change my mind though😉

Great to hear Wafu, I like the sound of the Columbia Helicopters one as it would be something a bit different, and I used to have a poster of one towing a huge sled across some ice at a very interesting angle.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, spruecutter said:

Thanks for the nudge, Craig. A KV-107 is winging its way to me so I will definitely take part in this STGB. A first for me.

I also really like the look of that Print Scale sheet PSL72149.

Cheers

Richard

Good to hear Richard, especially as this is your first GB! We will make a regular GB'er of you yet!

That Print Scale sheet is proving very popular indeed, and not surprising as there are some very nice options on it.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2019 at 9:43 PM, modelling minion said:

Right then;

@milktrip, @Red Dot, @moaning dolphin, @Jabba, @jrlx, @Nigel Heath, @Knight_Flyer, @bootneck, @TrojanThunder, @Rodders, @andrew w, @Jessica, @Paul J, @Sabre_days, @zebra, @SimonT, @Stephen, @Squirrel19, @Antoine, @Radleigh, @spruecutter, @Covjets13, @Wafu, @Smudge, @Corsairfoxfouruncle, @Enzo Matrix, @Robertone139, @Bjorn, @Whirly, @andyf117, @stevej60, @Winnie, @SleeperService, @wimbledon99  The time for this GB is rapidly closing in on us so I thought I would give you a gentle 1 nudge to remind you that you only have 1 month to sort out your kits, decals and whatever other accessories you might need for your CH-46/KV-107.

Look forward to hearing from you all soon.

Craig.

Yes all sorted, got 2 Fujimi and didn't realise I also have a Canadian Labrador... yes I am still talking about the helicopter :rambo: It's Canada's version of the CH-46. Will only build the one though and decide nearer the time which one.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Knight_Flyer said:

Yes all sorted, got 2 Fujimi and didn't realise I also have a Canadian Labrador... yes I am still talking about the helicopter :rambo: It's Canada's version of the CH-46. Will only build the one though and decide nearer the time which one.

Good to hear Mark, a Labrador would be good, would it be in the over all yellow scheme?

17 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

Dug my Fujimi kit out of the stash last night and found I had a set of cockpit masks for it as well, Bonus! Now to decide on either the kit schemes or aftermarket.

Always nice to fins extras in boxes that we have forgotten about!

I look forward to seeing your build, whichever scheme you go for.

• Like 1

Here's my box, I hope to even be able to start... lol I work 3 weeks on/3 weeks off and start a shift a few days before this one departs... I'll do my best.

Kit: 

ZHr2aCL.jpg

Some bags still sealed!! (Very unusual, but I have build 2 CH-46/CH-113 prior...

OZR2bOE.jpg

The "Extras" of which there is an abundance... I have the Cobra Company set and a full meal deal Eduard. Will be some choices made of what to include and not...

XkXtiMS.jpg

Cheers

H.

Edited by Winnie
Added picture!
  • Like 2

Kit arrived,the only time I've built this kit was as a kid around 1974/75,what can I say it's a real lump,it must have been re-done as a snap together

kit at some point,the glazing is awful and it's got more sink mark's than the Titanic,fit's where it touches but the riveting is quite well done and the decal

sheet is fine and in register you know I think I'm going to enjoy this! Can't wait.

20190208_182150

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, stevej60 said:

Kit arrived,the only time I've built this kit was as a kid around 1974/75,what can I say it's a real lump,it must have been re-done as a snap together

kit at some point,the glazing is awful and it's got more sink mark's than the Titanic,fit's where it touches but the riveting is quite well done and the decal

sheet is fine and in register you know I think I'm going to enjoy this! Can't wait.

20190208_182150

Glad to see your kit has turned up Steve and really pleased to see that the decal sheet is in register.

I built one in the 70's too and really liked it, at least I did back then, also remember that it was re-released later as a snap-together kit which probably means they permanently changed the molds.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2019 at 9:50 PM, Winnie said:

Here's my box, I hope to even be able to start... lol I work 3 weeks on/3 weeks off and start a shift a few days before this one departs... I'll do my best.

Kit: 

ZHr2aCL.jpg

Some bags still sealed!! (Very unusual, but I have build 2 CH-46/CH-113 prior...

OZR2bOE.jpg

The "Extras" of which there is an abundance... I have the Cobra Company set and a full meal deal Eduard. Will be some choices made of what to include and not...

XkXtiMS.jpg

Cheers

H.

Whow!! That's a serious amount of aftermarket kit. Not feeling envious at all :envy: