CH-46 / KV-107 STGB Chat

modelling minion

1 minute ago, wimbledon99 said:

Haha - Cheers!

I will indeed be sticking with the kit options, unless of the course the decals are perished and then I'll have to go on the hunt again.

I've read the Acadamy kits are nice to build and the extras sold with it (Eduard Interior and Scalewarships Rotor Fold) make it a nice little find for the price :smile:  Not yet sure about using the rotor fold though :think:

Very nice additions, the rotor fold set would certainly make for a different looking model and certainly cuts down on storage space.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Very nice additions, the rotor fold set would certainly make for a different looking model and certainly cuts down on storage space.

I got one of these at SMW last weekend, and will hopefully be using it if I can follow the instructions.

• Like 2

Hi Craig, Just hope I haven't bitten off more than I can chew. I've entered a few GB's and have unknowingly chosen kits that are going to need a lot of work! Should keep me out of mischief if nothing else.  :whistle:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, wimbledon99 said:

Hi Craig, Just hope I haven't bitten off more than I can chew. I've entered a few GB's and have unknowingly chosen kits that are going to need a lot of work! Should keep me out of mischief if nothing else.  :whistle:

It should definitely keep you busy Nigel, and I know what you mean about biting off more than you can chew as I may have ever so slightly over committed to GB's for the next 12 months at least! Just do your best and enjoy the build, no pressure.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 5:38 PM, modelling minion said:

Well here we are in 2019 and less than 2 months until kick off!

I hope that you all are getting ready for your prospective builds and maybe even acquired kits or bits for your builds over the Christmas period.

Please do not scare us with words like.

• Haha 2

Was in yesterday's mail.

It was the only variant remaining at Plaza Japan.

Not really my choice, so I'll see if a Japanese or Swedish KV is a possibility starting from this box.

I'll then order decals, and see what other stuff is available.

sea_kn10.jpg

• Like 1

Looming in rather quickly this GB. I have a Fujimi kit picked quite cheaply about 3 or 4  years ago, I want to make a Canadian one and have the Belcher bits Decals. But most of them have the APU at the rear pylon As far as I know none of the Fujimi kits had this option. Any one have any ideas , good drawings sketches diagrams on how I could scratch build this area? Have been told the Hobbycraft kit has the APU but never seen one on my travels to shows etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul J said:

Looming in rather quickly this GB. I have a Fujimi kit picked quite cheaply about 3 or 4  years ago, I want to make a Canadian one and have the Belcher bits Decals. But most of them have the APU at the rear pylon As far as I know none of the Fujimi kits had this option. Any one have any ideas , good drawings sketches diagrams on how I could scratch build this area? Have been told the Hobbycraft kit has the APU but never seen one on my travels to shows etc.

As luck would have it I stumbled into THIS yesterday which may be a solution. Price isn't silly either. I was looking for Swedish AF Decals in 1/48 and still am if anybody has any ideas....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Paul J said:

Hi Paul,

Not 100% sure but think that this site may have the info you are looking for, certainly has lots of nice pictures for reference.

http://cdnsarlab.blogspot.com/

Hope it helps.

Craig.

9 hours ago, Antoine said:

Was in yesterday's mail.

It was the only variant remaining at Plaza Japan.

Not really my choice, so I'll see if a Japanese or Swedish KV is a possibility starting from this box.

I'll then order decals, and see what other stuff is available.

sea_kn10.jpg

Antoine I think you might be able to do a JGSDF one from the kit without too many problems, JASDF and JMSDF are out as they usually have the larger sponsons fitted although I'm sure I've seen a JASDF without them, will have to have a trawl of my KV-107 pics.

I'm not sure if there is a difference in the engine intakes/exhausts, I shall check my kits (I have both CH-46 and KV-107 boxings) and see if there are any other differences.

Craig.

16 minutes ago, SleeperService said:

Ah Of course I thought it was too easy. Sorry for being a muppet.

No muppetry involved at all, I am by no means an expert on the H-46/KV-107 family and don't claim to be but I do like them and think they are an all too often overlooked and very important aircraft.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Antoine I think you might be able to do a JGSDF one from the kit without too many problems, JASDF and JMSDF are out as they usually have the larger sponsons fitted although I'm sure I've seen a JASDF without them, will have to have a trawl of my KV-107 pics.

I'm not sure if there is a difference in the engine intakes/exhausts, I shall check my kits (I have both CH-46 and KV-107 boxings) and see if there are any other differences.

Craig.

Hi Craig, a quick search on the net shows that each box have two set of sponsoons, I need to double check with my own box.

• Like 1

Well, I was wrong... 

I've checked with a friend who own nearly all the H-46/kv boxes, and it appear that the boxes have only one set of sponsoons....

Well, I'm stuck with my HH-46 for the moment, but I've still time to find a KV.

Wish me luck.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Antoine said:

Well, I'm stuck with my HH-46 for the moment, but I've still time to find a KV.

Wish me luck.

Good Luck Antoine!

I'm facing a rethink as well. I can't believe that nobody has done the Swedish decals for one :(

• Like 1