CH-46 / KV-107 STGB Chat

modelling minion

1 hour ago, Antoine said:

For a Swedish machine???

:penguin:

Not so much then!

I don't know if any books have been written in Sweden about the HKP4, I would be surprised if they haven't as the type served for a long time and was popular. Perhaps one of our Swedish members could throw some light on this for us.

Another chopper build is on the card's so sign me up,no kit so pretty open to what to build I'm thinking two extremes,an Airfix offering in Swedish

marking's if my old kit building mojo continues or  hassle free Fujimi build  in tribute to my favourite band and  Album,oh by the way I have a sealed

set of 1/48 decal's from the Academy  kit  with the U.S. flagged scheme on the box if anyone want's the sheet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevej60 said:

Another chopper build is on the card's so sign me up,no kit so pretty open to what to build I'm thinking two extremes,an Airfix offering in Swedish

marking's if my old kit building mojo continues or  hassle free Fujimi build  in tribute to my favourite band and  Album,oh by the way I have a sealed

set of 1/48 decal's from the Academy  kit  with the U.S. flagged scheme on the box if anyone want's the sheet.

Great to have you join us Steve.

Having been watching your excellent (and very prolific) builds in the Matchbox GB I'm really looking forward to seeing what you can do with the old Airfix offering. Having that one built alongside the Fujimi one will make for an interesting comparison.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Winnie said:

3 color (Grey, Black and Green I hope)

Very nice choice, a very good looking camouflage scheme.

For those of us looking for Japanese schemes have a look at this link;

https://flyteam.jp/aircraft/kawasaki/v-107-kawasaki/photo

Covers all 3 Japanese forces and even some civil ones.

• Like 2

What I was hoping to do was one of the Brown/sand schemes that were in the Gulf. Having put up a suggestion on a Flying Leatherneck topic on ARC Dave Roof did say and showed that he has drawings of these CH-46s, but I doubt if it will be ready by the time this GB comes around. I do have a couple of Academy 1/48th kits with OIF markings so I will probably do one of these.

• Like 1

I have fond memories of the old Airfix kit so sign me up please. I found THIS thread while looking for decals which may be of interest.

As I'm now to old and feeble to do 1/72 I need to buy stuff in 1/48. I have nothing at all in the stash. I know I'm stunned as well ;)

6 minutes ago, SleeperService said:

I have fond memories of the old Airfix kit so sign me up please. I found THIS thread while looking for decals which may be of interest.

As I'm now to old and feeble to do 1/72 I need to buy stuff in 1/48. I have nothing at all in the stash. I know I'm stunned as well ;)

A very useful link, and you are most welcome to join in once the STGB get underway.

Noting that you live in Derbyshire there's a 1/48 KV-107 on Ebay at the minute with a starting price of around £3 but pick up only and it's in Belper, now I know Derbyshire is a big county but you might live very close for all I know.

Craig.

3 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Noting that you live in Derbyshire there's a 1/48 KV-107 on Ebay at the minute with a starting price of around £3 but pick up only and it's in Belper, now I know Derbyshire is a big county but you might live very close for all I know

Not that far away and, even better, my mate lives there!! Off to the 'bay right now. Thanks for the heads up.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2018 at 9:55 PM, SleeperService said:

Not that far away and, even better, my mate lives there!! Off to the 'bay right now. Thanks for the heads up.

On 9/18/2018 at 9:57 PM, modelling minion said:

Not a problem, that's what we're here for, to help each other spend their money!

I now have a KV-107 for this. Thanks for the head's up :) In process of arranging collection, when my mate is around, and when our favorite chippy is open.....

Great link to that Japanese site. Thanks mm. Maybe she won't be Swedish after all.......

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SleeperService said:

I now have a KV-107 for this. Thanks for the head's up :) In process of arranging collection, when my mate is around, and when our favorite chippy is open.....

Great link to that Japanese site. Thanks mm. Maybe she won't be Swedish after all.......

Glad to be of service.

I saw that the auction had finished and hoped that you had been the winner, a very good price for a great (and large) kit.

I look forward to seeing it underway once the STGB is up and running whichever scheme you decide to go with, and there are some very nice ones out there.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, wimbledon99 said:

Please don't shoot me down but is this a Chinook GB? I see lots of MC or CH 47 but not a lot of 46 / 107 kits on the WWW

No sorry , the Chinook is a different beast altogether.

If you wanted to join in one of us might have a kit to spare, what scale were you thinking of?

• Thanks 1

Hi Craig, OK - Understood

Thanks for the offer. As tempted as I am by a 1:48 I'll probably stick to a 1:72, though that might change :think:

I'll have a good look around on-line but I'm happy for anyone to PM me if they have anything they know they won't build  :smile:

Cheers

Nigel

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wimbledon99 said:

Well, that didn't take long. I have an "Academy CH-46A/D Sea Knight (US Marines-Vietnam) 1/48 + Extras" on the way in the post :headphones:

Very quick work Nigel! I'm impressed.

It will be nice to have some 1/48 builds in the GB and the Academy kit is a nice one. Will you be building one of the kit options?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Very quick work Nigel! I'm impressed.

It will be nice to have some 1/48 builds in the GB and the Academy kit is a nice one. Will you be building one of the kit options?

Haha - Cheers!

I will indeed be sticking with the kit options, unless of the course the decals are perished and then I'll have to go on the hunt again.

I've read the Acadamy kits are nice to build and the extras sold with it (Eduard Interior and Scalewarships Rotor Fold) make it a nice little find for the price :smile:  Not yet sure about using the rotor fold though :think:

• Like 1