WIP: Airbus A300-600ST BELUGA Revell 1/144

15 hours ago, Ridibunda said:

Of course, i'll add exhaust cones... They were painted separately.

About photos.... I never took photos ofmy models with professional camera before. I hope to gets ome ones after I'll complete my Beluga.

Oh ok! And what I meant to ask was if you're using any reference photos for the paint scheme that you're doing. (The photos you're taking of the model are just fine :P )

Edited by wanthony

14 minutes ago, wanthony said:

Oh ok! And what I meant to ask was if you're using any reference photos for the paint scheme that you're doing. (The photos you're taking of the model are just fine :P )

Ok, it is clear now...

I've found almost all photos and videos in inet about first rollout from hangar and first flight of Beluga. It is about 10 only...

They cannot help with paints tone, because they are quite old and not digital to talk about correct colors, but can be used as reference for painting scheme. Some things are not reflected by that photos, so they were painted according to logic...

If you need, i can share that

Wow...you've really turned this average kit into something special. Excellent job on the rollout scheme. And thanks for the links!

By the way, did you design and print those decals yourself?

Edited by wanthony

27 minutes ago, wanthony said:

By the way, did you design and print those decals yourself?

Yes, by myself... Just short comment about main part of decal - "beluga head" in dark blue and red colors. It seems, I'll paint this part after masking instead of decaling...
The main reason for that, decal is printed on color laser printer and when I'm cutting pics close to printed edge, toner if falling down there (even when covered with lacquer/FUTURE).
Anyway, my friend has plotted masks according to my drawings and already sent to me by mail. Tomorrow, I'll got that :) 

Edited by Ridibunda
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ridibunda said:

Yes, by myself... Just short comment about main part of decal - "beluga head" in dark blue and red colors. It seems, I'll paint this part after masking instead of decaling...
The main reason for that, decal is printed on color laser printer and when I'm cutting pics close to printed edge, toner if falling down there (even when covered with lacquer/FUTURE).
Anyway, my friend has plotted masks according to my drawings and already sent to me by mail. Tomorrow, I'll got that :) 

Hmm that's too bad. I hope you're able to color match the vertical sabilizers without too much difficulty. Can't wait to see it finished!

One element of two was lost last night. Seems, project will be on hold some time... :blush:

I have some variants to solve issue...

- to send request to Revell and ask to send me duplicate of this part by e-mail. (Requested. No response yet. Expecting several extra weeks for delivery)

- to make a copy of this part in resin. (Just found local person who works with resin and can help. Possible term - next week. Bad things of this variant - copied resin element will be bolder than original because original item is covered with primer, paint and lacquer... But will keep in pocket)

- to ask modellers who has BELUGA in stash to share this element, if they do not plan to assemble this kit with opened cargo door. (Such person was found quite close to my city. He will check his stash tonight and let me finally know. Expected delivery date - Tuesday next week!)

- to make this element by myself... (latest what I'll try! :) )
To be continue...

1 hour ago, Graeme H said:

Can you tell us what part is missing?

Missed to put photo of this part to my previous post... 

Now issue is solved. My colleague will send me this part next week.

Btw, just got answer from Revell :worry::

"This item is a cull item. The parts are not any longer available."

20180116_020355.jpg.481b056381e3bcb90013

• Like 1

Hi Ihor! It is a very interesting project. It`s amazing what you`ve created.

About the lost important parts from kit:

- hold that image and try to do that two identical parts.

You can do this.

Cheers.

Andrii

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ozzyman69 said:

Hi Ihor! It is a very interesting project. It`s amazing what you`ve created.

About the lost important parts from kit:

- hold that image and try to do that two identical parts.

You can do this.

Cheers.

Andrii

Andrii,

That was last variant (after copying, from Revell, from friends, ...) )))
I think, you're right... I can do that, but I've tired with this build. More than 1 year due to limited time available for my hobby ((
To be honest, initially I planned to do cargo door that can be opened/closed with working mechanization... But later I decided to skip that, because I was not sure it can be normally realized in 144 scale...

But my colleague from Odessa will send me that part next week... So, hope to complete this kit next weekend ;)

/// Igor

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Ridibunda said:

But my colleague from Odessa will send me that part next week... So, hope to complete this kit next weekend

And, you know, it`s so great!

So I hope you`re having a good time!