Another Latin Sabre

Hi all,

After some stop-start work on her, I finally finished my latest Sabre. As you can see, she is depicted as a Sabre 4 of the Fuerza Aerea Hondurena. The based kit is Fujimi which I have modified in a simple way by removing the top fuselage intake, deleting a few of the odd access points and adding (by cheating with a decal) the small inlet on the fuselage sides. She was simple to build as always. The paints are Humbrol standard 116/117/118/28. I included a Pavla cockpit set but with the MB Mk10 seat that they used. The decals are a mix of Aztec (triangle and flag) and home printing (serials and weapons block). They didn't have any stencils, to my amazement, so nothing else was added. She was finished in Matt Cote after a dirty up with some Flory. I hope you like her.

HONsabre4

HONsabre3

oh, and I just realised that I haven't installed the jet pipe!! :(

Martin

Edited by RidgeRunner
  • Like 43
  • Thanks 1

Very neat build and paintwork. Makes a change from the NMF ones (just my personal opinion too ha ha). Also, it's nice to see models from Central and South American air forces. Keep up the great work :D

albamac :viking:

That's a very nice build, you did great with the paint scheme. By the way, the decal sheet was correct, FAH 3007 (which as far as I know is still sitting derelict on the ramp at La Mesa AB) didn't have any stencils on it.

Greetings from Honduras,

JC

• Like 1

It's not every day that one sees a F-86 Sabre in SEA camo...  I really love it!

Hard to do a more sober airframe!

Congrat for a job very well done!

JR

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I’m pleased to report that this build has found its way to La Ceiba to accompany my Super Mystere, which is now in the display cabinet of Alex’ @sosa_1991 father, former FAH pilot and instructor on both types and the F-5, CNEL. (r) Francisco Edgardo Sosa Mass ( callsign: DIABLO-01).

Martin

• Like 3

Ah Martin my friend, despite the missing exhaust tail pipe 😉, you turned out another excellent subject of a unique color scheme not typically found  on Sabres.  Paired with the Super Mystere, you have brought us more “goodness” to drool over.  :clap2:

Mike

• Thanks 1