They look fantastic, could you share how you did the finish on the inside of the nozzles?

Hang on, looking again at the WIP looks like it was white with a wash

Edited by R159
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, R159 said:

They look fantastic, could you share how you did the finish on the inside of the nozzles?

The nozzles interior? - the finish paint wise is just Mr color 316 insignia white paint base colour with a dark brown enamel wash. 

The fan bases are alclad steel with some pale burnt metal highlights, and then a black wash. 

Hope that helps 👍🏿

PS

They look quite 'clean' inside, but in real life they look suitably dirty and used. The flash used to get the pics has 'washed' the wash out 😂

Great stuff Tony!! Love all the additional enhancements- especially the nose gear! The resin exhausts are spectacular as well. Worth all the time spent.

You've raised the bar quite a bit from the 1st to the 3rd build... I can only imaging where #9 will be at!

Cheers,

Alex.

• Like 1

Cheers Alex! I can imagine they will stay good for a few more builds then start dipping off towards the end as I lose interest in them ha ha ha...

PS hows yours coming along? Your WIP has gone quite lately... 

Edited by Tony Oliver

• 2 weeks later...

Hi mate, 

I take it you mean as visible in the 4th picture? 

yeah regards this area the seams don't line up between the two 'pancake' halves. Not sure how it is on the real planes, need to do some research but cant find anything conclusive?

Here is what I reckon below - 

I suppose on A models there would be a 'slot' in this area where the glove vane would be, so the panel lines would not necessarily line up or meet and wouldn't matter?  On new builds and rebuilds they got rid of the glove vane (?) so a new build would have different panels from the start as no glove vane at all?

And what was the process of elimination on rebuilds? New panels in this area? So Potential different lines? Or filled in and painted or plated and painted over? 

As so so many questions and unless working from a direct picture of a plane, I took the safe option and just rescribed the lines as hobbyboss provided them on the upper & lower halves after sorting the seam... 

Hope that all makes sense! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Update! 

A couple of finishing touches, much happier with it now...

RBF tag added to winder nose cap.

Exhausts sooted up inside as they were too clean and white for a jet that looks this used on the outside... 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

What can an USN fan say !!! :partytime:

nice collection Tony,

and lots of tips that can be used on my cats, the day I'll start them...

Congratulations !

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp