Paddy Hopkirks Mini Cooper

Well it's been a while for me getting this finish due to a house move and various other things taking up a lot of my time but Its done and I'm pleased with the result . 

The revell kit is very good parts fit well and it's a bit more detailed that the Tamiya kit . 

Hope you like and honest opinions and advice are welcome. FF125762-0804-4764-90B6-4752AC89AF79_zpsDB124347-48F1-41C3-9E00-961C14725982_zps5B2698FA-F101-401A-916B-3A1F2A081B43_zps 9AE50AAB-9AB2-49C2-BECB-FDACB00DDD68_zps72EB018F-9EEB-4402-B854-47FC39F32001_zps64899D37-6ACB-44E5-AC57-8C2B872F0445_zpsDB99B700-49AB-46BA-88AB-856EB666AFD4_zps51E39D59-E715-476C-ADFD-D8B49F6A1426_zps051F067B-AED6-44D3-9256-2AA844A571E2_zps4821ECD0-B42B-41A6-9A1F-B6B7A96F1873_zps07A8E1E6-381F-45B7-816B-B101FEA385F4_zps

• Like 16

That looks fantastic Mike!

I love Minis. This one looks real, not like a model at all. No idea how you manage this level of detail :o !

:goodjob: 

TonyT

• Like 1

It's a true little gem Mike, I'm really impressed by the quality of your work. It's also the first time ever that a revell kit would be more detailed than a Tamiya, but I guess you have the proof right there.

Wow really great results there. The only thing thats staring at me is the Rally plate on the boot. Period rally plates were pressed steel and we're pop riveted in place, so wouldn't be cut around the opening like if it was a vinyl sticker. the whole thing would open with the boot.

Other than that you've build a fantastic model. I just hope I can achieve the same level when I build mine lol.

Ashley

On 27/11/2016 at 8:55 AM, MetroRacing said:

Wow really great results there. The only thing thats staring at me is the Rally plate on the boot. Period rally plates were pressed steel and we're pop riveted in place, so wouldn't be cut around the opening like if it was a vinyl sticker. the whole thing would open with the boot.

Other than that you've build a fantastic model. I just hope I can achieve the same level when I build mine lol.

Ashley

I think the someone said the same thing when I posted some pics of the car during its build and I agree looking at it now I could of made a plate and put the decal on that . 

Cheers Mike 

1 minute ago, Mike100 said:

I think the someone said the same thing when I posted some pics of the car during its build and I agree looking at it now I could of made a plate and put the decal on that . 

Cheers Mike 

What I tend to do is just cut the decal out and use white glue to stick it in place. The backing paper give it the right scale thickness.

But like I said it's only a small issue on an otherwise stunning build lol.

Ashley 

• Like 1

On 27/11/2016 at 8:55 AM, MetroRacing said:

Ashley

That's a really lovely build of a kit I plan to build.  But I agree about the rally plates.  I actually held one once as one of my Dad's business partners had one from when he drove a works Allard on the Monte.  As well as being reasonably thick aluminium, the wording was embossed, so only the number area was actually flat.  I don't know if that was the same for plates on other rallies.

Interestingly the painting on the Revell box omits the plate clearly shown in the photo it copies - presumably because it looks a bit rubbish in the photo!  If you look at the old photos the plates are often bashed and bent, either to fit a flat plate to the curved body or just battle damage.  And the positioning varied between cars, even from one mini to another.

Cheers 

Will 

I forgot to compliment your on the front view, it actually looks like a mini, whereas  Tamiya ones don't quite capture the "face" right somehow.  I've owned three minis and most miniatures can't quite fully convince, I think it's all the curves.

Cheers

Will