Revell BRE Datsun 510

PatW

I built this box stock, but had to renovate the decals as the paper they were on had turned to card. I scanned these to the pc and re-printed them a few times adjusting the colour and brightness, although they are still not exactly right. The smaller decals were too difficult to bringback into focus. I also added two of a few new home-brewed decals I'm trying to perfect. In this case both are on the front wing, one has a painted hand and on the other a coloured paint run.

12_zpsx3duujda.jpg

16_zpsfpcfl4tl.jpg

10_zpsd8cbzocg.jpg

11_zpscrhlgfdw.jpg

9_zpsptibos0j.jpg

13_zpsc07i2ahd.jpg

Edited by PatW
  • Like 4

Thanks BeastieBoy73. I tried both white and clear backed inkjet (or you can get laser) decal printing paper from the crafty computer paper company, which gives all of the instructions as well.

Hi Vince glad you like it! That's my end product that people like to see my sometimes quirky builds.

As you say it's interesting to see all three still about.

As a Race/airfeild marshall at Silverstone for nearly 30 years, I loved to see the older cars just being present or better being raced at their big classic race event a couple weeks after the F1 GP each year!

• Like 1

Thanks guys very much,I'm half way into a Nascar Truck at present, and waiting a new windscreen from Revell Germany for an AMG SLS.