The other thoroughbred from WWII P-51, 5 on the bench.. Ahem 8 in fact...But no...10 now...Well 12 now...

1 hour ago, corsaircorp said:

I read a lot of positive advices about the Airfix kit,

So did I cousin... dont trust it 100%. The cowling canopy join is bad but there is a fix. And the rear fuselage at the tail fillet and radiator exhaust duct are tricky and not sized correctly. 🤬 So you will need to remove a bit of the internal piece that locks in on either side of the fuselage just ahead of the tail wheel. Maybe not in this case as you've no fillet on this one. But you will need to play around with it to get it to fit. I had to shim mine to widen the vertical and fillet. If I hadn't it would have left very bad steps in the fuselage. When you get to the cowling canopy join there are internal lugs for mounting the cockpit to the forward section. Trim those or you will get a cockeyed canopy windscreen. The main canopy on mine was too wide by several mm’s as well so check all of yours to make sure you don't have the same issue’s. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

So did I cousin... dont trust it 100%. The cowling canopy join is bad but there is a fix. And the rear fuselage at the tail fillet and radiator exhaust duct are tricky and not sized correctly. 🤬 So you will need to remove a bit of the internal piece that locks in on either side of the fuselage just ahead of the tail wheel. Maybe not in this case as you've no fillet on this one. But you will need to play around with it to get it to fit. I had to shim mine to widen the vertical and fillet. If I hadn't it would have left very bad steps in the fuselage. When you get to the cowling canopy join there are internal lugs for mounting the cockpit to the forward section. Trim those or you will get a cockeyed canopy windscreen. The main canopy on mine was too wide by several mm’s as well so check all of yours to make sure you don't have the same issue’s. 

Thanks Cousin !!

When I read no fin fillet, I scared myself !!

I need a fin fillet for my Tuskegee Mustang and in fact, there are 3 possibilities...

With a part to plug on the spine... Mmmmh That smell... :poo:

We'll see, thanks a lot for the tips ;;

Knowing where the mines are lying is helpfull !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 1

Hello Dears,

Here are the pics

IMG_20201118_221018 IMG_20201118_221047

Yesterday has been a very bad evening...

Lots of problems to fix about my parents...

And at 2200, I put my paraphernalia on the kitchen table BUT !!!

That has been the right time for SWMBO to pick on me because I help my parents....

Forgetting that I helped her parents too....

So I just managed to start filling the 🤬🤬 ejection pins...

Aifix !! you're so kind, what would we are supposed to do whithout these ejection marks ??:mg:

IMG_20201118_223544

More to come soon... Sunday...

As would our Dear Baron say... Vampire work until sunday !!

Take care Gents...

Very tired CC

• Sad 4

OK, so you don’t need another fin with a fillet, you have three! I obviously misunderstood you. I think I will probably get one of these for all the ‘ extras ‘ and hopefully pick up the markings for ‘ HJGB ‘ somewhere else to go with my Eduard Overtrees.

Stay safe.

John

• Thanks 1

On 11/19/2020 at 5:40 PM, Biggles87 said:

OK, so you don’t need another fin with a fillet, you have three! I obviously misunderstood you. I think I will probably get one of these for all the ‘ extras ‘ and hopefully pick up the markings for ‘ HJGB ‘ somewhere else to go with my Eduard Overtrees.

Stay safe.

John

Thanks for the offer John, Airfix gave 3 fin fillet.. But when I read Dennis's post, I looked at the box and the pony depicted on it has no fin fillet.

It is only when I opened the box that I saw the parts...:phew:

Thanks again.

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 2

Anger Pin mark filling. 🤔 That’s one other reason why this is such a great hobby. Beats throwing ones dinner up the wall like a husband in the 60s. 
seriously though I hope you sort out your troubles. More kits I see. 😳😄🙈 she looks like a great scene this one. (S do all the others) beautiful RFI too. 🤩

Take care dear sir.

Johnny

• Thanks 1

Hello Dears !!

Okay Cousin, I got it now !!

In fact, I did it but I was wrong in doing so...

IMG_20201122_220431

I suppose that Airfix wanted to reproduce the off angle of the tail unit, a bit too loudly IMHO.

So, rectification is still valid, that's why one of the fin look too little and the other on seem a bit too big...

Whatever, we will have a good Tuskegee Mustang in the end !!

Now a tiny story...

At the time of the 1st lockdown here in Belgium, I saw a new cat foraging in the neighbohood...

He was trying to steal the meal of my black panther and my stupid tiger....

Every day after day he was looking more skinny...

After a talk with Memsahib, we decide to feed him too...

But he acted like a feral cat, fleeing or hissing and even trying to bite me when I got too close for his own comfort...

When we choosed a name for him, he is OBVIOUSLY a male cat...Things were done...

Nicolas proposed Vladimir Vladimirevitch and as we now are learning russian language, it has been adopted !!

Here is vladimir today...

IMG_20201120_120328

Some people said that this is a "British shorthair cat" So Britmodeller is the right place to ask for a confirmation...

IMG_20201120_120345

He is a study and strong cat, did'nt fear nothing and he seem to have adopted us too now !!

IMG_20201120_120308

He has a short but thick fur, looking like velvet..

If one of you know this type of cat !!

Oh, and he is always eager for a catfight !! I now have a watchcat....

Have a great modelling time Gents !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

Hello Dears !!

Okay Cousin, I got it now !!

In fact, I did it but I was wrong in doing so...

IMG_20201122_220431

I suppose that Airfix wanted to reproduce the off angle of the tail unit, a bit too loudly IMHO.

So, rectification is still valid, that's why one of the fin look too little and the other on seem a bit too big...

Whatever, we will have a good Tuskegee Mustang in the end !!

Now a tiny story...

At the time of the 1st lockdown here in Belgium, I saw a new cat foraging in the neighbohood...

He was trying to steal the meal of my black panther and my stupid tiger....

Every day after day he was looking more skinny...

After a talk with Memsahib, we decide to feed him too...

But he acted like a feral cat, fleeing or hissing and even trying to bite me when I got too close for his own comfort...

When we choosed a name for him, he is OBVIOUSLY a male cat...Things were done...

Nicolas proposed Vladimir Vladimirevitch and as we now are learning russian language, it has been adopted !!

Here is vladimir today...

IMG_20201120_120328

Some people said that this is a "British shorthair cat" So Britmodeller is the right place to ask for a confirmation...

IMG_20201120_120345

CC

That's your rare breed of Commonus Felineicus Catus.

A house cat. ;)

• Haha 1

Good for you ( and Memsahib ) CC, I’m sure Vladimir appreciates it. He’s a good looking boy, but I wouldn’t know what type he is being more of a dog person, although we do have a barn cat which adopted us about 10 years ago.

John

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello Dears, 

Very sorry, but this week is so buzy...

IMG_20201126_000641

Well, start the primer on Chuck's pony !!

I went in Bruxelles for my job !! And took a hit in the face, a blast from the past...

Realizing that 35 years ago, I first hit the road with THIS !!

IMG_20201124_123125

Some tools, a tiny flasher light and a Motorola radio...

Go on young man, there is a lot of stranded drivers on the road !!

Chrome on the bumper... :yahoo:

850cc engine and around 300kg of tools, With a rear wind we sometimes hit 90 Kmh...

It is not necessary to be mad to perform this job !! But it help !! More today than ever !!

I think that @perdu will agree !!

CC

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

And then you get to tow them out of danger, well we did.

A rope or a strap and half the clients too dumb to follow instructions, thank God for towpoles!

Well done for 35 years under your belt, I am proud to have been in the game which has certainly changed since then.

👍

• Thanks 1

On 11/19/2020 at 10:09 PM, corsaircorp said:

So I just managed to start filling the 🤬🤬 ejection pins...

Aifix !! you're so kind, what would we are supposed to do whithout these ejection marks ??:mg:

CC, it’s a bit late to tell you this, but I’m building an Airfix P-51 as well and those ejector pin marks can’t be seen in the assembled cockpit.  I didn’t bother filling them... 🤷‍♂️😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hello Dears,

Something sparked my paranoia again..... :door:

The Tamiya paint scheme for the "Glamorous Glennis" depict invasion stripes on the underside of the fuselage...

And only the previous recognition markings for the wings... That look weird to me....

Yeager received his -D Mustang after his downing and trip back to england

Thank to the french resistance...

I think that I'll go for invasion stripes on all the undersides

What do you think about Gents ??

Sincerely.

CC

Hello Dears,

On 11/30/2020 at 11:05 AM, Graham Boak said:

Depends upon date.  June full set ,July August undersides only, September under fuselage only.

Great thanks Graham, Mine is from November 44 So, I'll follow on your advice !!

Here we are, ready for black priming !!

IMG_20201201_233727

Life is particularly shaky these days, modelling is my sanity life raft, I hope that I can spend a bit of bench time this evening...

18 days of hard job with 2 rest days only... A kind of modern slavery:rant:

Damned virus !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Sad 2

Hello Dears !!

Some news from the stable !!

I've got this done...

IMG_20201204_003905 IMG_20201204_003849

BUT !!! To qote our dear Xenomorph !!!

A certain muppet of this parrish has forgot to mask the id lights....

IMG_20201204_003857

:rant::banghead:You stupid CC...

See John, I start smelling Alclad !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 4

Okay Gents !

I'll call it saved, may be a lick of Crystal clear but it look good to me..

IMG_20201204_194707

And, the lights are now dully masked !!

Alclad tomorrow !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 1

hello John @Biggles87

What do you think about ??

It will be shiny brand new Mustang in November 1944 !!

IMG_20201205_213138

Now, the black stripes on wings, elevator and belly...

A bit of panelling Aaaaand on we go for the decaltransfer !!

All in one, finally 2020 will finally be a "not bad modelling year"

Knowing that I did'nt have any lockdown....

Stay safe Gents !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Looking quite shiny Cousin. I see you had better luck with the fit than I did. 

Huh !! It is the Eduard one...

Hold my beer for the Airfix one !!

CC

• Like 1