Saab JAS-39C Swedish Air force Revell 1/72

Hello everybody

I present you my last model, a Swedish JAS-39C Gripen based on the Revell kit. It's a little disappointing kit for me compared with other Revell models like the Tornado, the Mig-21F13 or the Hunter at the same scale. The shape and size are quite good but the engraving is not very fine and the adjustment not very good. I've used for my model an Eduard photo etched sheet, a PJ MBmk10 resin ejection seat, resin wheels, a Maestro model access ladder and personal modification (flaps for example).

IMG_1878_zpsybot2qdm.jpg

IMG_1884_zpsiqpvosmu.jpg

IMG_1888_zpsepkkr9dq.jpg

IMG_1891_zpssih57ti0.jpg

IMG_1868_zpscjp6qfit.jpg

IMG_1867_zpsfvbbhbmi.jpg

IMG_1859_zpskjssk7mw.jpg

IMG_1858_zps0ioivinj.jpg

• Like 29

I agree with you, engraving seems to be a real problem on 72nd Gripen... Neither Revell nor Italeri did a good job here. (One could think Revell took over Italeri's mould?!) The shape tho looks to me better than the one from Italeri, especially on the nose section.

But anyways, your Gripen is IMHO the best I've seen so far in that scale, also because of the bits n pieces you've added. Very nice! And photography is also pretty good!

Cheers

b.

Really excellent model, you have captured the sharp, sleek look very well indeed! For some reason a few manufactures new 1/72 kits seem to have over exaggerated panel lines too, I'm not sure why, especially given Revell's previous excellent releases. Beautiful job anyways.

David.

I have a feeling Recall has two design teams. One produces the fantastically detailed kits like the Tornado, F-4F, F-16, and some of their WW2 kits. The other doesn't like rivets and loves big panel lines like in their F-14 and this Gripen.

That said I'm sure this kit is way better than the atrocity that is the Italeri!

Thank you for yours comments:)

14 hours ago, Phantome said:

I have a feeling Recall has two design teams. One produces the fantastically detailed kits like the Tornado, F-4F, F-16, and some of their WW2 kits. The other doesn't like rivets and loves big panel lines like in their F-14 and this Gripen.

That said I'm sure this kit is way better than the atrocity that is the Italeri!

I think there is also two team for this Gripen kit...one for the Airbrakes and one for the rest of the kit ;)

A perfect model! I like the weathering a lot. That and accessories make it look very realistic.

And it is very inspiring! I really like the look of this aircraft so probably I have to funally grab a D version (whoch is even more sleek to my taste) and build it.