Sword 1/48 Lightning T.5

woody37

2 hours ago, woody37 said:

NMF is an enigma for me, never really feel comfortable reproducing it, 

Certainly doesn't look like it Neil, that has to be one of the most realistic NMF's I've seen in a long while, looks spot on for an operational Frightning! Really nice work, the subtle weathering looks just right too! Lovely job!

Keith

• Like 1

Thanks guys, it's been an enjoyable build.

Bit more work done since. I reproduced the white framework of the canopy using the Tamiya flexible masking tape. It tends to move if left, so I touched the main stress points with superglue to hold it in place which seems to work. The ejection seat chords were made from wire. Just the missiles to paint then we're done :)

31551631011_a370f87fac_b_d.jpg

31551630831_b8db33fd3a_b_d.jpg

• Like 8

Well Neil., that is looking very tasty indeed. Why the jump from half build to a modelto one with paint and decals on??? No matter it's looking fab. I do like the Lightning but would never build one. Why the departure form WWII bombers?

Glad I found your build thread, magic work as always.

Colin

• Like 1

Cheers guys :)

chris, hope to get over through the Christmas period if you're around? Hopefully the 727 has been painted 😀

Colin, I was on a roll, so never stopped for pictures. I did take a few at the primed stage but got the silver on before uploading them. It's not often I work at that rate 😅

4 hours ago, woody37 said:

chris, hope to get over through the Christmas period if you're around? Hopefully the 727 has been painted 😀

No problem Neil.  Give me a call and I'll make sure I'm out.    :tease:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...