1/72 P.1000 Ratte Scratchbuild

Seabo14

So.

I have a new scratchbuild project.

And its a big one.

After much luft 46 building, I've decided to do something on the ground. This monster, armed with 2 280mm naval guns from KMS Gneisenau, would have weighed 1000 tons, and would  have to have had 6 sets of tracks. So far I've done a little on the 'Ratten gruppe eins' (thanks Levin), and made a start on the turret, using plans made from a sketchup model. The group consists so far of an Airfix sd kfz 222, and an Ex-Matchbox Revell Jagdpanzer. The white objects in the photo are 3d printed items, (made out of PLA on an M3D Micro printer, not the best but certainly one of the cheapest ready built one) and are a Saukopfblende for the Pak44, which will be sourced from Modelltrans' conversion, a 280mm gun (looks better in real life), and 2 Wirbelwinds, in need of trimming and barrels. The Flak 38 wip is from Zvezda, and the Jagdpanzer crewman is Plastic Soldier Company.

Peqa5gt.jpg

Edited by Seabo14
  • Like 2

Hmm,

It does not show the photo(s). Your info text is interesting though.

It is "RATTENGRUPPE EINS" btw, in German, 2 nouns for the same thing will always be moulded to one word, never left as two ;)

/Stefan

44 minutes ago, Blaubar said:

Hmm,

It does not show the photo(s). Your info text is interesting though.

It is "RATTENGRUPPE EINS" btw, in German, 2 nouns for the same thing will always be moulded to one word, never left as two ;)

/Stefan

The photo seems to be fine for me, what happens for you? Thanks for the name help BTW :)

EDIT: I've switched hosts, ought to work now.

Edited by Seabo14

I see a grey circle and a white bar (like a road "no entry" sign).

Maybe it is my very weird and self-centred anti-virus who plays tricks on me :D.

/Stefan

Have you got photobucket? It always works^^

Edit: Oh, fine just as of now!:D

Edited by Blaubar

Just now, Blaubar said:

I see a grey circle and a white bar (like a road "no entry" sign).

Maybe it is my very weird and self-centred anti-virus who plays tricks on me :D.

/Stefan

Have you got photobucket? It always works^^

No, I much prefer imgur. ;) My fault for trusting Google Photos! Hope you enjoy the build :D

I shall be waiting for the next update.

As for the wirbelwind turrets, the armored plates are really thick. Might be better to do them in brass and let the printer do the interior only.