TREATMENT FOR METAL TRACKS

FrancisGL

Hi Pals, I am assembling my first tracks for a 1/35 model, and once completed, I decided to try to rust them with a liquid for that purpose.

I have the blue MIG fluid for that, and I have been able to see on the bottle "Product licensed by USCHI VON DER ROSTEN", so I guess it's the same product with different name...

Once submerged, I see that the tone they give is a dark metal, less depending on the time or quantity of product poured into the vessel.

That is, the rusty brown tone (so pretty for us), we see in some models, I can not.achieve it

That's why I do not know if:

1.- It is impossible with this product.
2.- I'm doing something wrong.
3.- It is normal, then you have to make them weathering to give that rusty tone, with suitable pigments or enamels.

I would greatly appreciate some help in this regard.

Many thx and best regards for all

The only thing to do is try a different brand, I used a product and it turned the white metal a brown colour.

I know there is one that is supposed to be used on brass which turns that black you may have that one.

• Like 1

Hi Francis, 

i used the mig product and was not impressed with it , having tried most of them I found the Ultimate products burnishing track fluid the best,  Ultimate products are also members here and Martin regularly posts on the forums.

Give it a whirl , you won't disappointed 

Dan 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dads203 said:

Hi Francis, 

i used the mig product and was not impressed with it , having tried most of them I found the Ultimate products burnishing track fluid the best,  Ultimate products are also members here and Martin regularly posts on the forums.

Give it a whirl , you won't disappointed 

Dan 

It seems that the only one who leaves the metal BROWN, is this product from what I see ... I would love to get it, but I think I'm going to have problems with the coin (Pounds Vs Euros ...).:hmmm:

Thx a lot for reply, cheers Dan:D

3 hours ago, Mike said:

Another vote for Ultimate from me too.  It's Lee from Ultimate too, not Martin. :)

Thx a lor for reply Mike, I will try to get it., cheers mate :D

1 hour ago, JackG said:

Never tried any of them, but a vid here shows the MiG product in action.  They do mention cleaning the tracks before submerging, though it isn't crucial?

regards,

Jack

It seems that if it is important, because if they have some grease, it prevents the product from attacking the metal as it should, and there would be clearer spots on the tracks.

Anyway, some of the companions of those who have responded (Dads203, Mike), surely they know better than I, because it is the first time I use it (just in case I have cleaned them before ...)
Thank you very much for the reply., cheers Jack :D

Edited by FrancisGL