Revell 1/32 BF 109F

3 minutes ago, Cheezburger said:

Very nice built of this classic kit. Is that a recent reboxing of this model? I'd love to have this kit, but the prices online are quite high at the moment.

Did you use aftermarket decals?

The high prices are quite ridiculous considering the much more accurate Hasegawa kit is available. There is also the Trumpeter kit, but the F-4 boxing that I have is closer to a G-2 and so needs some correction.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cheezburger said:

Very nice built of this classic kit. Is that a recent reboxing of this model? I'd love to have this kit, but the prices online are quite high at the moment.

Did you use aftermarket decals?

Its an old boxing I bought off ebay for about $20 USD. the decals are Eaglecals Major hahn special addition aftermarket, an excellent set.

revell%20bf%20109F%201%2032_zps8eiwby28.

start%203_zps0k3fi49g.jpg
start%204_zps4l3apxjo.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks again to everyone who commented on the build.

There is still real value in building the old stuff, i enjoy it immensly myself, its much to easy to buy the latest high tech over priced kit that builds itself. Its a lot more fun to build an old kit with some character and make it at least respectable.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Chris FFZ said:

There is still real value in building the old stuff, i enjoy it immensly myself, its much to easy to buy the latest high tech over priced kit that builds itself. Its a lot more fun to build an old kit with some character and make it at least respectable.

You are absolutely right. My approach is always: can I make the old kit look as great as the pictures of it in the catalogue or on the sides of the box? If my skills aren't up to that and I don't get that result, what right do I have to complain about the shortcomings of an old kit! ;)

• Like 1