HMS KGV rigging

fingers

Hi again, I'm still battling on with my Tamiya 1/350 KGV and I am at a point where I'm thinking about the rigging and any prep work I can do prior to gluing the deck on, to this end does anyone know the precise location where the various cables mount? I can see approximately from photo's but they do tend to be from a low angle and or blurred so the actual mounting point is hidden. I have the Topdrawings book on KGV but it is also not clear on this point. The Kgv I am building is a late war fit.

Might I suggest viewing other modeller's builds to gain some inspiration.

Halyards (for flags) should run from the signals' deck to the  yardarm and back down to the signals' deck; WT(radio) aerials between the masts and down to the WT office.

Sort of hard to explain but if I try to post some links I keep copying the above post clipboards refusing to clear. I'll try later

Tom

Thanks for that link Tom the rigging tutorial in tha build thread was interesting. I am a little off from actually rigging the ship and was really after where on the deck or superstructure the major fore-aft cables should correctly be fitted, I can guess an approximation but consider that to be a last resort. I have checked out other builds but have found nothing conclusive and would prefer a plan or photo if possible. Would the WT office on KGV be the box stucture suspended just up from the foremast base?

Thanks for the help.

Dave (doing his first ship for 35 years).

I've always thought so. The feeds for the aerials would seem to suggest this.

Halyards must have a straight a run as possible to the yardarm so I'd imagine to the rear of the signals platform either side of the mast.

Tom

Success!

Remembered there where detail drawings in a copy of Warship 12 (an old quarterly magazine) Although I needed a magnifying glass to see them there are 3 halyards marked against the after bulwark either side of the mast.

Tom