Su-27UB Trumpeter paint guide is confusing...

pseabra

Hey Guys

Just got the Trumpeter Su-27UB 1/72. The kit looks great and instructions are ok.

But when i checked the paint and marking guide things got confusing. I mean... The Intermediate Blue (H72) looks gray and the Pearl Grey (H74) looks too blue. Pearl Grey doesn't even exist on Mr. Hobby color range.

Looking some walkarounds i realise that intermediate blue isn't the base color of the plane as the trumpeter instructions 

http://www.trumpeter-china.com/Uploads/201509/560b2eb547e36.jpg

I need some help. Where i can get any real and good color scheme for this Su-27UB Flanker C?

Thanks

Hi pseabra, I`m pretty sure Flankerman reported some errors in the painting guide in at least one  

of the Trumpeter Flankers so if you see that they got it wrong, they probably did.

Follow your references would be my advise...

All the best.

Adrian

I had exactly the same problem a few years back with this kit. The colour call outs didn't seem to match the box art either. If you search this forum the thread might still be on here somewhere. 

Think I just made it up with the Akan paints I had. 

The Xtracolor Enamels - X602/X601/X603 are matched to  FS 15526/FS 15450/FS 15177 respectively and are too dark.

They were matched to the colours of the Russian Knights that visited the UK back in the early 90's.

The Knights were specially painted for the visit and are not representative of 'normal' Su-27 colours.

Ken

• Like 1

On donderdag 17 november 2016 at 10:56 AM, madcat911 said:

I use exclusively use Gunze Mr Color for airbrushing. The don't have an exact match for the Flanker colours so I had to mix my own. I doubt they are 100% accurate but they look good at least to my eye.

They do look rather good - what mixes did you use?

Cheers,

Andre