RGM-96X Jesta 1/100

My current build is the RGM-96X Jesta, another one of the mobile suites from the Gundam universe. This one will be my first resin conversion kit and it gives the eye popping details Bandai don`t seem to bother with on most of there MG Gundam kits. I have been working on most of the resin parts on and off for a few weeks now and have got to the point were Im adding some paint, so a few pictures to bring you all up to speed. 

Going together OK so far.

20161013_202830_zpstiuiomat.jpg

After a bath.

20161030_212548_zpsl17wkztj.jpg

No idea why I bother as its going to all be cover.

20161030_175332_zpsbzq2ylrn.jpg

A bit of kit bashing going on with the gun, I will be extending the butt and I might change the scope as well.

20161027_211205_zpshugepgtf.jpg

Some gaps it fix.

20161015_103558_zpsdeunt2fv.jpg

And some nice bright paint, I needed a change after all the drab green on the Zaku tank.Its not the Gundam colours I intended to use for the kit but I like them better. 

20161031_062209_zpsypy5lqqo.jpg

And they look like this painted on. The Valllejo and the XF8 are very simulate bu the vallejo has a bit more purple to it. I might add a bit of white as well in places. 

20161113_094056_zps6zhaewt2.jpg

• Like 4

Yay, Jesta! One of the best looking mobile suits (see Dazz, I can do it) in the Gundam universe. I like your frame details, seems almost a shame to cover it up.

Will you be keeping the extendo-arm for the shield? That always struck me as a little odd, but some of the poses it enables are cool.

Cheers,

Will

• Like 1

My favorite mobile suits are the feddie grunt suits.  The 79N GM custom is my all time favorite,  but the Jesta keeps gaining ground every time it gets animated. Nice color choices,  I really want to build the suits on overwatch at Cheyenne in Unicorn.  Or a Tristar Suit. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Will Vale said:

Yay, Jesta! One of the best looking mobile suits (see Dazz, I can do it) in the Gundam universe. I like your frame details, seems almost a shame to cover it up.

Will you be keeping the extendo-arm for the shield? That always struck me as a little odd, but some of the poses it enables are cool.

Cheers,

Will

Cheers, the extendo-thing will probably be going as I have planes to mod the back pack and add some wings, Im just a bit nervous about cutting up the resin parts. 

4 hours ago, Thud4444 said:

My favorite mobile suits are the feddie grunt suits.  The 79N GM custom is my all time favorite,  but the Jesta keeps gaining ground every time it gets animated. Nice color choices,  I really want to build the suits on overwatch at Cheyenne in Unicorn.  Or a Tristar Suit. 

The Jesta and the powered GM are particularly good looking GM`s but then I like Feddie and Zeon grunts suites better than most of leading Gundam.

Painted some white last night and then added some metallic blue, I like the white but not sure if its a bit bright but the metallic blue is a step to far and I will repaint these parts. I started looking at adding a hint of orange as well?

20161116_060308_zpsdcxmha77.jpg

20161115_221101_zpshluqaxry.jpg

Edited by rockpopandchips
  • Like 1

It's a nice colour combination, however the only problem with dark blue/purple is that it's associated with the Titans. Unless that is the look you're going for?  I never understood the shield thing either, I just guess all mecha are right handed?  well done Will, I taught you well! ;)

Kind Regards,

Dazz

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dazzio said:

It's a nice colour combination, however the only problem with dark blue/purple is that it's associated with the Titans. Unless that is the look you're going for?  I never understood the shield thing either, I just guess all mecha are right handed?  well done Will, I taught you well! ;)

Kind Regards,

Dazz

Your right of course,  but not necessarily. 

There's the GM Sniper II, which has almost the exact same colors-

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/RGM-79SP_GM_Sniper_II

The standard EFFS HiZack, non Titan, has a similar scheme- 

http://www.mech9.com/2015/04/hg-hi-zack-earth-federation-force-color.html?m=1

Or the Byarlant Custom from Unicorn- 

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/RX-160S_Byarlant_Custom

The shield is supposed to be used based on the pilot. If he is right handed,  so is the MS.

I'll never understand the Titan colors as long as I live. You hate Zeon,  so you paint all your suits to match their's? 

:fraidnot:

• Like 2

Oh aye Thud, you are correct. I guess I should've added the word "generally" ;) there are numerous suits with a colour scheme like this, Blue Destiny comes to mind also. Don't get me wrong, I love the colours and their applications (hell my fav suits are the Hazels ;)).  I was just pointing out the Titans connection and maybe give an idea. ;) I do completely understand the reasons behind the paint selection tho, makes things a hell of a lot easier! Lol

I can't say I've ever seen a left handed mobile suit, I've not looked for one neither. Then again would it actually make a difference?! The shield I can understand, as in theory it should be pointing the same way as the incoming gunfire. Sorta like the Tau Firewarriors (blasphemy!!!). 

We need updates Rock! Are all the detail bits painted by hairy stick?

Kind Regards,

Dazz

• Like 1

The Blue Destiny !  Jeez, I feel like an idiot. Listing blue federal suits and forgetting that one! Or to a lesser degree the Pale Rider. I'm gonna be quite now.

The left/ right shield explanation came from one of the Side Story games Rise from the Ashes. After you drop out of a Medea to secure a landing zone in Melbourne, your mechanic offers to swap which side has the gun and which has the shield.  In other words left bumper pulls up the shield and right bumper pulls the gun. Or you could swap them on the suit.  It didn't effect gameplay at all. (Except for which way you turn to keep the shield center)  He would tell you in the briefing most pilots are right handed so the gun goes in the left hand.

Edited by Thud4444
Left/right mix up
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Dazzio said:

We need updates Rock! Are all the detail bits painted by hairy stick?

Kind Regards,

Dazz

Hairy sticks, is my air brushing that bad?......:D Im practicing my masking and spraying so no stick painting on this one, most of the ruff edges will be covered when I panel line it but there are a few bit of over spray I need to sort. 

That's some tidy masking! And we seem to be assembling a Britmodeller fleet of orange-white-orange marked suits :)

22691291034_9ebb835e6c_b.jpg

Teal and orange is always a good combo.

Cheers,

Will

• Like 4

Hehe, I'd seen that but hadn't made the connection. I'm sure Katoki-san follows my every move :P

I must say I really like all these re-imagined Origins designs, they generally keep the outlines and add neat details. The Prototype Gouf is awesome.

Will

• Like 1