Airfix 1/48 Warhawk.

stevej60

Hi folk's last build I'm starting for 2016,Airfix's new P-40 which I plan to finish in the box art scheme in time for December 7th which

will be the 75th anniversary of the Pearl Harbour attack.IMHO this looks like the best molded kit Airfix have produced to date and

following Jonner's thread it  seems as if it builds beautifully,It's produced here in the UK in a darker smoother plastic than recent kit's

very similar to Eduard and Tamiya and let me say every bit as good as those two revered companies.

DSCN3984_zpsftslxa97.jpg

A quick look at the fuselage sprue.

DSCN3986_zpskkl4h6z8.jpg

And first stage done.

DSCN3990_zpsywee83de.jpg

Thanks for looking in.

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 13

Nice start Steve. It does all fit very well - but as i think I mentioned in my thread- watch those moulding seam lines, and something in retrospect - if you care about it, i think the wing trailing edges could do with a swipe with a sanding stick.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I am

Jonners

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Jon Kunac-Tabinor said:

Nice start Steve. It does all fit very well - but as i think I mentioned in my thread- watch those moulding seam lines, and something in retrospect - if you care about it, i think the wing trailing edges could do with a swipe with a sanding stick.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I am

Jonners

Thanks Jonners I've followed your excellent build as a reference for this one especially loved the interior work and detailing.

Just pottering on cleaning up seems, parts etc dropped the wheel well piece into place,and sprayed the fuselage

interiors,I,ve jumped a stage or two by adding the two separate sections above the exhaust recess which must be

molded that way to produce later Mk's.

DSCN4001_zps7bt32evq.jpg

DSCN4004_zps43xdcdja.jpg

• Like 6

Looks like a great start. I have the kit in hand as well, but darned if I can find where the colour call out list is in the instructions. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Brad

Hi Brad,you are correct the interior colours are not listed taking my lead from Jonner's build I,ve gone with interior green and

zinc chromate as you can see from the fuselage interior photo's both mixed from Tamiya acrylics,I have got the cockpit painted

and detailed and will post the latest tomorrow.

Morning folk's,here's the cockpit done only the headrest to paint,I,m pleased how well everything fits on what looked 

like a fiddly area but nice one Airfix again,I,m well ahead for my Dec 7th target so I'll leave this for a few days to catch

up with the Me109 for the Med GB and got to get the last bit of the 747 done as the GB finishes Saturday.

DSCN4011_zpsj7jgdr2c.jpg

DSCN4014_zpsowef8wha.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 14

Thank's Giemme,yes OOB I added belts made from the framing around Eduards Me109e harness that came with the Weekend kit

it just peels off and sticks on like the belts themselves.

• Like 1

Hi folk's fuselage assembled

DSCN4030_zps8dhmhqo3.jpg

Bottom wing fitted.

DSCN4031_zpsgmrcjdxy.jpg

I got the horrors when I saw the gap but nip the fuselage in as each upper wing is fitted and the fit is spot on.

DSCN4033_zpsdeljimuz.jpg

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Nice work.

You do not want to see the

arguments going on over on

hyperscale.com about this kit!

I must have a look now Pete!

• Like 1