1:72 Scale Resin Blackburn Buccaneer S.Mk.1

8 hours ago, Navy Bird said:

9 hours ago, giemme said:

Stunning! :worthy:  :clap: :clap: :clap: Could easily be taken for a much bigger scale.

Is it me or did you actually change something in your photo setup? Lighting maybe? Don't know what, but I like it a lot :thumbsup2: 

Thanks - I don't think I changed anything. I had the camera on the tripod, but that's it. What looks different to you? The biggest change from the construction photos to the finished model is the post shading with Gunze H95 Smoke Grey. That makes the white finish look a bit different.

As I said, I'm not sure what it is. The post shading looks great, but it's actually the pics themselves that from spectacular have gone to bl...y marvelous! If my memory serves me well, probably more close-up to the model? 

:mike:

Ciao

• Like 1

I rushed straight over from the end of the WIP Bill.

A really stunning model, beautiful kit by CMR carefully crafted by yourself into this little work of art :thumbsup2: .

Gorgeous paint and subtle weathering work. What's next Bill ? :) 

:goodjob: 

All best regards

TonyT

• Like 1

That is absolutely fantastic.  One of my favourites in my favourite Brick scheme.  Beautiful detailing.  I have an S.1 in the pipeline using the Airfix kit with various pits and pieces I've picked up along the way but it's going to be nowhere nearly as good as this. 

• Like 1

Oh WOW Bill,......I`ve been following this all the way and it has turned out superbly,..........what a corking S.1 & the S,2 is pretty special too!!  Craftmanship at its highest there mate,......and in my favourite all white scheme too,.....what is there not to like?

Brilliant mate,

Cheers

Tony 

• Like 1

Wow, stunning Bill, that crossed the line rather quickly. Love the scheme, I didn't realise how much smaller the intakes were on the early version. Beautiful paintwork and it looks a treat next to its younger but older sister :)

• Like 1

On 11/14/2016 at 02:51, giemme said:

As I said, I'm not sure what it is. The post shading looks great, but it's actually the pics themselves that from spectacular have gone to bl...y marvelous! If my memory serves me well, probably more close-up to the model? 

Come to think of it, the tripod is farther away than when I shoot hand-held (due to some interference with crap piled on the floor in my workshop). Consequently, I had to switch to a 75-300 mm telephoto lens. Maybe that's the difference you're seeing - the shots with a perspective that is closer to eye-level on the real thing are those shot with the telephoto. Those from above are with the shorter 18-55 mm zoom. I switched the blue paper background about half way through the WIP, so I suspect you had seen that already. Not sure I like it, it's a bit of a bright blue, eh?

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1

On 11/14/2016 at 07:50, TonyTiger66 said:

A really stunning model, beautiful kit by CMR carefully crafted by yourself into this little work of art :thumbsup2: .

Gorgeous paint and subtle weathering work. What's next Bill ? :) 

Digit has been removed, and the Monogram 1:72 F7F-3 Tigercat has been taken down off the shelf of doom. A sharp KUTA and Navy Bird is again working on a glossy sea blue, well, navy bird.

On 11/14/2016 at 13:47, woody37 said:

Wow, stunning Bill, that crossed the line rather quickly. Love the scheme, I didn't realise how much smaller the intakes were on the early version. Beautiful paintwork and it looks a treat next to its younger but older sister :)

Ha! Younger but older sister, I love that. Yeah, those big Spey intakes look right brutish on the S.2B, even more so when it's parked next to its older but younger sister.   :)

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1