Moebuis BSG Viper Complete.

Hi all, after a little weathering and final tweaking i am calling this one done, the kit decals are a challenge but not insurmountable. I found that for any decal that needed to fit around a radius it was best to cut a few nicks in the transparent border. Doing that allowed the edge to fold over and conform quite nicely, still needed plenty of setting solution. 
This is never normally too much of an issue with quality decals but the kit ones supplied are quite thick so they need some help. :devil:
The large red stripe could be masked with some difficulty but it would not be easy due to the recesses and undulations, it depends on how thoroughly you want to build it. If you are not worried about filling the joins then it could all be painted before assembly. 

I did not want to go over the top with the weathering, i have seen some nice models wrecked with all manner of splodges and streaks, i just wanted to retain the white but also look dirty at the same time.
Weathering of a Sci-Fi space ship is somewhat a subjective thing.
:D

Anyway here she is, build thread is over on WIP forum.
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]Regards
Thanks for looking.

Danny

Edited by danimalmagic
  • Like 16

I'm one of those who prefers to see a bit more weathering to be honest, but you're nearly there! Nice tidy build and paint job. I love the lit-up engines.

Badder

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Badder said:

I'm one of those who prefers to see a bit more weathering to be honest, but you're nearly there! Nice tidy build and paint job. I love the lit-up engines.

Badder

Cheers Buddy, seen so many over weathered i decided to understate my one a little bit, customer very happy tough so a good day.

Thanks for Looking.

Danny

• Like 2

Nice work, mate. I prefer the cleaner look, too. I know it's 'only' sci-fi, but I spent a fair amount of my life on real world aircraft carriers, the inspiration for Galactica. The fighters have a hard life, but they're well looked after. Grime inevitably builds up, but the grubbers keep their chicks as tidy as they can manage. The final episode had Adama take his old fighter up; it looked a lot like your build! (Although with 'Husker' name boards, naturally).

I'm building one of these as my mate's Christmas present. I'm more of a mini painter, so there's likely to be more weathering and painted lighting effects rather than real lights. Old habits die hard! If I get time I'll stick up some phots.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oileanach said:

Nice work, mate. I prefer the cleaner look, too. I know it's 'only' sci-fi, but I spent a fair amount of my life on real world aircraft carriers, the inspiration for Galactica. The fighters have a hard life, but they're well looked after. Grime inevitably builds up, but the grubbers keep their chicks as tidy as they can manage. The final episode had Adama take his old fighter up; it looked a lot like your build! (Although with 'Husker' name boards, naturally).

I'm building one of these as my mate's Christmas present. I'm more of a mini painter, so there's likely to be more weathering and painted lighting effects rather than real lights. Old habits die hard! If I get time I'll stick up some phots.

Good mam, be interesting to see.

Danny

On 14/11/2016 at 3:04 PM, Hunter Rose said:

A really beautiful finish on this, it looks great and the lighting looks amazing.

Great job!

23 hours ago, batcode said:

very nice work, the paint looks great .as does the lighting .... nice job

6 minutes ago, Rumblestripe said:

As I panned down through the piccies I noticed the rather lovely brass switch. Oo oo oo it's got lights!

Brilliantly done and what a handsome stand.

A triumph sir, a triumph!

Thanks gents, a week ir so off but some Star Wars next I think.

Thanks for looking.

Danny