Two VC10s

zebra

Two Roden VC10s, built for the airliner group build - British Airways Super VC10 G-ASGL and British Caledonian VC10 type 1103 G-ASIX. The BA Super is straight from the box. G-ASIX obviously needed more work - main changes are the fuselage was shortened, wingtip leading edge extensions and outboard wing fences added from plastic card, and Braz engines.

WIP threads here and here

Not my best photos - would normally photograph them outside, but not the weather for it today! Might take more on a better day.

30951920035_c77a6ff194_c.jpgBCal VC10 by Julian Griffiths, on Flickr

22773216868_7059e1d0dc_c.jpgBCal VC10 3 by Julian Griffiths, on Flickr

30951929365_7d64feff8a_c.jpgBA Super VC10 by Julian Griffiths, on Flickr

30835297912_48da78bee4_c.jpgBA Super VC10 2 by Julian Griffiths, on Flickr

• Like 39

Really nice :clap2:

I think I heard on a documentary recently that very few were actually built - that came as a huge surprise - about 50 or less???  Unbelievable :confused:

Two beautiful models of a very beautiful aircraft.

I only flew on one once, it felt quite small inside, but was a great experience.

Lovely colour schemes here perfectly executed!

:goodjob: 

TonyT

On ‎14‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 3:23 PM, canberraman said:

Gorgeous Tens!

In answer to a couple of questions raised above, just 54 were built and it was the second fastest airliner, only Concorde could beat her!

Mark

Amazing facts - amazing aircraft - just 54 built...  I bet someone somewhere has built them all :)

Thanks everyone for your kind comments

Building these really reminded me what a beautiful aircraft the VC10 was - its a shame economics trumps looks when it comes to aircraft sales, or there'd have been many more VC10s than 707s!

Big X - wouldn't be surprised if someone somewhere has built them all - I wouldn't be surprised if most of them are on BM (and might just have a look and see)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...