Ju 288 V103 HUMA 1-72

Finally the pictures of the finished Ju 288 from the WIP thread that I started. It was a quick build altogether. I am relatively happy with the finish. The HUMA decals from the kit were pretty good with no silvering problems. I used different crosses for the upper wings though as the HUMA ones were just as big as the underwing ones (which looked wrong in my opinion). So I used the white only version (from a Revell kit) which matches the crosses on the fuselage. Check it out.

dsc04188.jpg

dsc04189.jpg

dsc04190.jpg

dsc04191.jpg

dsc04192.jpg

dsc04193.jpg

dsc04194.jpg

dsc04195.jpg

• Like 14

Just now, modelglue said:

Really incredible! Makes me want to own one. Was the canopy vac-formed or injected?

Thanks a lot! The clear parts are from the box. Pretty good quality.  It's a cool looking plane, right? Has the allure of a Luft '46 model - one that actually existed though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cheezburger said:

Thanks a lot! The clear parts are from the box. Pretty good quality.  It's a cool looking plane, right? Has the allure of a Luft '46 model - one that actually existed though.

Absolutely, Totally cool. Now that I know the canopy is plastic I shall add this to my mental list of models I want  need.

Very neat build and painting!

I have some reservations about the weathering, though. The machine is a Versuchsmuster and yet it looks as if it had been abandoned in a desert after hard front service. ;-). To my eyes you went overboard a bit with the 'toning' of the camouflage and those random silver splashes on the prop blades. All IMHO, of course.

Really good build, though!

Kind regards,

Joachim

5 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

Very neat build and painting!

I have some reservations about the weathering, though. The machine is a Versuchsmuster and yet it looks as if it had been abandoned in a desert after hard front service. ;-). To my eyes you went overboard a bit with the 'toning' of the camouflage and those random silver splashes on the prop blades. All IMHO, of course.

Really good build, though!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Thanks. Yu are right, the prop blades are not as I wanted them to look like. The toning of the camo may seem a bit overemphasised by the flash though. The contrast is not as harsh in natural light. I still don't have a light tent booth to take picrures.