"yellow nosed baskets six o'clock high" 1/24 Messerschmitt bf 109-E by Airfix

1 hour ago, sithman said:

VERY nicely done!

and allow me to say,  "I can't wait to see your little bits"!:P

Did you really have to put that image into our heads? :puke: If I have nightmares tonight, I will know who to blame! :chair:

Martian

• Like 4

Stunning build the finish is spot on, great paint work and the subtle "weathering" makes it look even better !

On old kit turned into a masterpiece, makes me feeling sorry while i have sold mine.

( sorry run out of likes :banghead:)

Bernd

• Like 1

Phew! Thanks guys, I was hoping I hadn't over done it.  I'll try to get some bomb action going on soon.

I'm going to top coat and get that cockpit out. Hopefully no underspray.  ;)

Johnny

Edited by The Spadgent
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Spookytooth said:

She looks splendid John, just keep your little parts covered.

It is a family site LOL.

Simon.

Thanks for adding to what is already a truly horrific image!

Martian

• Like 4

Hi Johnny,

it is just bloody fantastic!!!

Like everybody else, I can't wait to see you adding the little fiddly bits!

And I almost forgot the real life drama unfolding on this thread! The feet of the Holenhund (the red Cerberus on the fuselage side) should have been above the reinforcement strip....

Removing the paint and starting all over seems the only route the bushi do may allow you... before falling on your sword, of course!

But just this once, simply ignore me.

Brilliant!

JR

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jean said:

Hi Johnny,

it is just bloody fantastic!!!

Like everybody else, I can't wait to see you adding the little fiddly bits!

And I almost forgot the real life drama unfolding on this thread! The feet of the Holenhund (the red Cerberus on the fuselage side) should have been above the reinforcement strip....

Removing the paint and starting all over seems the only route the bushi do may allow you... before falling on your sword, of course!

But just this once, simply ignore me.

Brilliant!

JR

Thanks guys! I'm totally made up by your love of the old girl.

You're right JR, I thought that about the Cerberus. I did sit the feet on the line but the wing popped off the top. ^_^ well that's my story and I'm sticking with it.

guess what? Just before a semi gloss coat I tried if for size in the display cabinet.

Too BIG! :o

looks like I need a bigger boat.

(insert bigger boat emoticon)

Johnny top coat. 

• Like 2

You could get the hacksaw out and model a folded wing 109... That should fit into the cabinet!

• Like 2

The Naval Stuka had folding wings and I'm pretty sure I saw a period picture of a Naval 109 with wings folded.............shouldn't be too hard to retrofit at this stage of the build! :rofl:

I would think more semi gloss for the finish myself,  models are almost always dead flat in finish and yet in old pictures you can see the sheen reflecting sunlight on a glossier finish.........on the other hand I feel that a more matt fish just "looks better" on a model!:rage: decisions, decisions!

I built one of these a long time ago and I can say that this one looks much better than that old kit!    great work!

Can't wait to see the cockpit unmasking!

• Like 1

Thanks again for all the kind words.

Folding wings, not again, that seafire was more than enough for me. I believe Mr Baron is now the true daddy when it comes to wing folds with his wonderful Barra build. Oh I've gone for mat by the way. Looks pretty good, I've kept the engine semi gloss to give some contrast. I'll get some pics tomorrow as I got caught creeping into the cave when it's not a model night. :o 

I did manage to sand and prime the prop and build one of the bombs fin bars. "Fin bar" wasn't he in the Viz? ;)

Feels like she's really getting there now.

ooooh what next? 

Thanks for dropping by.

happy modelling you lot.

Johnny.

Edited by The Spadgent
  • Like 4