1:32 JunkersJu-52/3m "Tante Ju" by Hong Kong (HK) Models 3D renders

Homebee

I'll be more blunt-dumb choice, best kit Revell released in 1/48 scale and one of the best 1/48 multi engine WW2 kits ever was/is their Ju 52....it sold/sells extremely poor considering both subject and quality-price ratio....secondly HKM can make whatever they want but with current prices they simply priced themselves out of the market....

My thought is that this would be better in 1/35th. There are so many figures and other accessories in that scale that could be used with it. On the other hand, I wouldn't mind a 1/35 Me 321 to sit next to my Bronco Models 1/35 Horsa.

4 hours ago, Don149 said:

I would just love the JU 52, but as the Lancaster was announced three years ago and we have yet to see even a test shot,

I guess it will be around 2020 before "Tante Ju" arrives !.

The SLA Lancaster mock-up was first seen at Telford in 2014. I really don't care how long it takes as long as it's done right. 

• 1 year later...

I'm on the opposite side on the scale debate. I'd prefer the entire armor market to somehow magically move to 1:32. It won't ever happen, but one can dream.

Either way, I'd much rather see the Lank hit the shelves first than the Junkers. I'm just a bigger fan of British planes overall; especially your bombers. However, if HKM were to start tickling the idea about a German flying boat (i.e. BV 138, Do-24 or the Do-18)? Especially that Dornier Do-24. 

Then again there's the Blackburn B-20!!! ... Oh, and the wholly neglected Japanese planes like the Kawanishi H6K or the French Latécoère 300. Then again, there's the American Consolidated P2Y...

Yeah, one can dream.

Edited by CyberGolem
  • Like 1

I guess HK will use a large wingspar to keep the wings levelled.

Obviously this´ll be a military version, but what are the chances of a civilian Ju 52 in 32nd seeing the light?

16 hours ago, CyberGolem said:

Either way, I'd much rather see the Lank hit the shelves first than the Junkers. I'm just a bigger fan of British planes overall; especially your bombers. However, if HKM were to start tickling the idea about a German flying boat (i.e. BV 138, Do-24 or the Do-18)? Especially that Dornier Do-24. 

I bet they´d take a huge display space, and be a tad pricy.

On 3/25/2018 at 10:37 PM, Sturmovik said:

I bet they´d take a huge display space, and be a tad pricy.

Yeah, but aren't they already? At this point, most kits larger than 1:72 are no longer in the realm of a weekend project anyway, so I say "Go for it!" :clap:

• 3 months later...

have any info. on the once mentioned HK  JU 52 ? . Is it going to be a 4 to 5 year gestation period

as it was for the Lancaster ? .

Don .

Please bear in mind that topic titles can make or break a thread, so "does anyone" isn't going to draw many people in.  Also, we have the Rumourmonger area, which is intended for this kind of thread.  Please also search that area before creating a new thread.  If there's a HK Ju.52 thread already, please Report this thread and I'll merge it.

• Mike changed the title to 1:32 JunkersJu-52/3m "tante ju" by Hong Kong (HK) Models 3D renders
  • Homebee changed the title to 1:32 JunkersJu-52/3m "Tante Ju" by Hong Kong (HK) Models 3D renders