Airfix 1/72 Phantom FG1

Rob P

Who needs a new Phantom in 1/72? I already have 60 unmade including Esci (which I still think is the best C/D/J available), Hasegawa and 10 Fujimi K/M's. They are, eventually, to join the 170 (and counting) completed ones.

• Like 1

Did the IWM give Airfix the keys to Duxford one night and ask for them to lock up after they had finished?

Panzer Vor! Don't forget there's a hangar of trundly thingies too.

Now anyone spotted them in Bovingdon........?

Trevor

...or maybe it was just there as they were out for lunch, or avoiding rain.

What's goodies are outside?

(ok I admit I'm not as excited as others are by a UK Phantom, much rather have an EJ)

Edited by dpm1did1

Or a detailed weapons set?

phantom, hunter, javelin, mig21, new bristol fighter, mkii hurricane, hawker nimrod, already done the meteor and would think the autogyro, varisty and proctor are way too esoteric, and unlikely to be the v-1, other easier places to go to for one of those

I note that there is no Scimitar in that list, why oh why Airfix, don't bother with all this Crab and foreign muck. Complete the Fleet Air Arm collection! Oh unless you are going to do an RN Phantom, that will do for the time being. :winkgrin:

• Like 8

Who needs a new Phantom in 1/72? I already have 60 unmade including Esci (which I still think is the best C/D/J available), Hasegawa and 10 Fujimi K/M's. They are, eventually, to join the 170 (and counting) completed ones.

I do, but will accept donations in the meantime.

• Like 8

I'm hoping they scanned everything in that hanger! If they do the Phantom I'll be getting a few and hope they do all the other variants too (I still need an Israeli E to replace the one that err.....exploded!).

Paul Harrison

• Like 1

Or a detailed weapons set?

I was thinking the same when looking at the pic...

...but thought one 'maybe it's a Phantom Phantom' suggestion was enough as those poor Fixed-on-Fantom-Folke might lynch me with an arrestor cable

Edited by dpm1did1

I'm hoping they scanned everything in that hanger! If they do the Phantom I'll be getting a few and hope they do all the other variants too (I still need an Israeli E to replace the one that err.....exploded!).

Paul Harrison

That would be a good kit to buy, the hangar plus the entire contents to go in it.

• Like 4

Oh how I wish you could sqeeze a Vulcan into that hangar so my wish could become reality! :(

I bet it will be either a hunter or a gannet. What scale? No idea... :P

Sam

Edited by cathasatail

By careful photo analysis, and almost Holmesian deduction :-)

Looking at the shot of the LIDAR Dalek/ Robot sentry thingy- It would appear to be, (referring now to the very nice picture of the Phantom), positioned directly aft of the MiG-21, Under the beam that is to the left of the beam with the Light under it. (i.e 4th beam from the hangar doors) Around 3 metres from the wall, pointing at the Port side of the Phantom. Unless of course it's actually in another hangar. Or the hangar is perfectly symmetrical in construction, in which case whats in the opposite corner to the tomb?

I draw these conclusions due to the relative positions of the Hangar Wall Light, / the Truss/ Beam geometry, the metal conduit for one of the main down lamps running across the rectangular wooden plate in the pic of the Dalek which is also visible in the Phantom shot.

:ninja: Just be thankful I didn't draw any red lines on the pic.

Airfix Phantom?- It had better be 1/48.

• Like 4

By careful photo analysis, and almost Holmesian deduction :-)

Looking at the shot of the LIDAR Dalek/ Robot sentry thingy- It would appear to be, (referring now to the very nice picture of the Phantom), positioned directly aft of the MiG-21, Under the beam that is to the left of the beam with the Light under it. (i.e 4th beam from the hangar doors) Around 3 metres from the wall, pointing at the Port side of the Phantom. Unless of course it's actually in another hangar. Or the hangar is perfectly symmetrical in construction, in which case whats in the opposite corner to the tomb?

I draw these conclusions due to the relative positions of the Hangar Wall Light, / the Truss/ Beam geometry, the metal conduit for one of the main down lamps running across the rectangular wooden plate in the pic of the Dalek which is also visible in the Phantom shot.

:ninja: Just be thankful I didn't draw any red lines on the pic.

Airfix Phantom?- It had better be 1/48.

Your day job isn't as a Detective in Midsomer by any chance ;)

Trevor

• Like 2

I hope they are doing a Phantom, a definitive F-4K/M in 1/72nd scale would be very welcome.

The Fujimi kit has shape errors and fit isn't brilliant - hopefully something Airfix would overcome.

It would be good if it came with alternative fin tips and with or without the periscope, a full range of air to ground as well as air to air stores would be very nice too.

As for colour schemes, the RAF always had by far the more interesting and varied colour schemes but I suppose they'd have to include Captain Pugwash's Flying Circus too :tease:

I do hope this isn't a Crimson Kipper

Wez

• Like 4