Airfix 1/72 Fokker Eindecker EII

All,

Superb kit from Airfix - excellent standard of fit throughout which made for a nice easy build. The only fiddly part of the kit is the fuselage strip decals which don't align properly so needed touching in with paint. As always, built OOB and brush painted.

Regards

Dave

100_1648_zpsdhim91es.jpg

100_1649_zpsmvg404az.jpg

100_1650_zpsqhrhh8dc.jpg

100_1652_zpsl6j3g9vi.jpg

100_1653_zpsdycpogp9.jpg

100_1645_zpsnrlxesps.jpg

100_1647_zpshsz7ncia.jpg

100_1650_zpsqhrhh8dc.jpg

100_1654_zpsgseqnerv.jpg

100_1655_zpsdvfqrv5j.jpg

• Like 37

A beautiful Eindecker you built there Epeeman !!!

I don't build World War I aircraft (I am to lazy an rather frightened by the rigging.)

But I admire so very well built old timers.

Congratulations. Polo.  :clap2:

• Like 1

That looks really very nice indeed. This is a new Airfix I am really interested in buying and having a go at.

Beautiful rigging. Did you use Humbrol other paints? I only ask because I really like your shade for the linen.

:goodjob: 

TonyT

Thank you very kindly, gents - much appreciated.   I cannot recommend this kit enough because the standard of part fitting is especially good for Airfix new tool kits.  Just a pity only one marking option given in kit.   It would be great for Airfix to offer more WW1 aircraft in their range ..........

Rigged using Uschi fine elastic thread - fiddly but nice and fine for scale when pulled taught.

I would love to see what others more professional than me could achieve with this one.

Dave

6 hours ago, TonyTiger66 said:

That looks really very nice indeed. This is a new Airfix I am really interested in buying and having a go at.

Beautiful rigging. Did you use Humbrol other paints? I only ask because I really like your shade for the linen.

:goodjob: 

TonyT

Hello, Tony -

Paints used are Revell Aqua colours - beige silk matt mixed with light grey to get a better shade of yellowed linen.  Hope this helps if you decide to have a crack at this one.

Regards

Dave

• Like 1

Mark and Michael - thank you!

15 hours ago, TonyTiger66 said:

Thanks Dave,

That mix has given a very nice shade :) 

ATB

TonyT

Brilliant - I pleased that worked for you - look forward to seeing your Eindecker on display here in due course.

Regards

Dave

• 4 weeks later...

I'm building it now. It really is an excellent little joy of a kit!

Very nice build you made of it, I hope mine will come close in quality! I'm a bit daunted by the rigging but I will take a crack at it regardless :P

• Like 1